It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
(male)

beneb HB User
Internal hemorrhoids

Hi.

A week or so ago I noticed a small, bright red streak of blood on the surface of my stool. There was none on the toilet paper or in the water. Since then I've been feeling a sort of mild discomfort in the rectal area. The blood, however, has not reappeared. I've looked up the symptoms and I think it's probably internal hemorrhoids (although I am getting it checked out by a doctor).

Is it normal for internal hemorrhoids to bleed once (perhaps with an unusually hard bowel movement) and then not bleed again, while still causing some discomfort? Would the bleeding normally occur most times you empty your bowels, or only when you pass a particularly difficult stool?

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
(male)

guyofchelt HB User
Re: Internal hemorrhoids

That is a difficult one for me to answer; all I can offer is my experience.
I had Internal haemhorrhoids and they literally dominated my whole life, I was constantly aware of them, they were very uncomfortable and caused my bathroom habits to be all over the place. Mine bled a lot until I had them banded which resolved the bleeding issue, but not the Haemorrhoids themselves.
I then had the full surgical Haemorrhoidectomy and that was now 9 weeks ago. So far I am still in some pain and discomfort so I am not yet completely sure whether the operation was worth it or not.

If you are diagnosed with internal Haemorrhoids, then hopefully the banding procedure may work for you. It is not the best experience by any stretch of the imagination, but it is much better than the surgery.

Good luck
Regards
Guy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
(male)

Yokel HB User

Get your doctor to look at this ASAP and if it is internal hemroids you should start eating lots of fibre, fruits and veg and drink lots of water.

If they then dont go away in a couple of weeks try to remove them by injection or rubber band ligation, dont be stupid like me and let them to get too big and require surgery to remove them

Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
(male)

matsalyhr HB User

It is to be difficult to diagnosis your disease without any checkup. Donít worry if it is bleeding hemroids then you can use some ways to treat bleeding hemroids, and good news is that bleeding hemroids treatment is possible at home.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User

beneb, What did your doctor end up saying, and did you have to have a procedure done? Any comments or advice for others? Hope you're better now.

Closed Thread