It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
(male)

guyofchelt HB User
Post Haemorrhoidectomy - 10 weeks - Panic.

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice/reassurrance now as I am beginning to feel that I made a huge mistake.
I had a full surgical Haemorrhoidectomy 10 weeks ago. Bowel movements are stilll fairly painful (not excruciating like they were) and I generally have at least two per day. It feels to me as though my Anus is to small - being crude I can insert my Index finger, but it hurts and is very tight and I can feel my finger pushing past Scar tissue from the operation - is this normal at 10 weeks?
Additionally, I would say that my Anus is not fully healed yet as it still looks slightly ragged, i.e. not a nice spherical hole yet!
One other problem possibly worthy of mention to aid diagnosis/reassurrance and mentioned in my other posts is that I still have this feeling that my Arse is trying to fall out (even though it isn't) and I am constantly doing that movement to suck it in!
I really look forward to any advice/reassurance that anyone might be able to provide.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
(male)

Yokel HB User
Re: Post Haemorrhoidectomy - 10 weeks - Panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyofchelt View Post
Hi, I would really appreciate some advice/reassurrance now as I am beginning to feel that I made a huge mistake.
I had a full surgical Haemorrhoidectomy 10 weeks ago. Bowel movements are stilll fairly painful (not excruciating like they were) and I generally have at least two per day. It feels to me as though my Anus is to small - being crude I can insert my Index finger, but it hurts and is very tight and I can feel my finger pushing past Scar tissue from the operation - is this normal at 10 weeks?
Additionally, I would say that my Anus is not fully healed yet as it still looks slightly ragged, i.e. not a nice spherical hole yet!
One other problem possibly worthy of mention to aid diagnosis/reassurrance and mentioned in my other posts is that I still have this feeling that my Arse is trying to fall out (even though it isn't) and I am constantly doing that movement to suck it in!
I really look forward to any advice/reassurance that anyone might be able to provide.
How are you going now?

Is everything getting better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
(male)

guyofchelt HB User

I would say there has been minor improvement, but I am still experiencing difficulty. On August 18 it will be three months since I had the operation.

The improvement is that the pressure most of time has disappeared; however I still get the feeling that my Arse is falling out (even though it isn't) and I am trying to hold it in to the extent that sometimes it even makes my Testes hurt. I also still experience minor(ish) pain at every BM which in my opinion are still to many (2 - 3 times per day).

Right now I would suggest that I am no better than when I had the Haemorrhoids; I am in constant discomfort, it is merely a different discomfort to the Haemorrhoids.

If not sorted at 3 months, I am going back to my consultant!

Any other advice here would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Guy

Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
(male)

Yokel HB User

Hey guy, just curious to see how you are going with your recovery?

From what you have told me it has been 3 months now since you had the operation... im assuming because you havent posted for a while here you have had a full recovery and enjoying your life?

Cheers

Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 AM   #5
(male)

guyofchelt HB User

Hi Yokel,

If only that were true - No far from it to be honest and right now wishing that I had never had the Operation.

10 days ago I got a second opinion from a consultant that I had seen many times before, one who had carried out my two bandings that did not cure my condition. I did not use this consultant for my Haemorrhoidectomy as the Hospital he works as was too expensive (Hindsight eh - wish I had paid the extra 2 thousand now). He effectively gave me good news and bad.

Good news is that everything is reasonably alright! Bad news is that the operation I had was extremely agressive, a massive amount of tissue had been removed and that it would be at least 2 months before I started feeling any benefit from the operation. That will be at least 5 months recovery time.

He also gave me a tube of 4mg rectogesic cream which seems to help a little although has a nasty side affect of headaches. Going to perservere with that for 10 days because it is making the BM's less painful.

Will post again in a couple of weeks.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #6
(male)

Yokel HB User

hey guy, im so sorry to hear that

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything returns to normal for you....

This may interest you, i saw my second colorectal surgeoun on monday about my internal hemroid. Basically the doctor that reffered me to see the surgeoun said i need a haemorrhoidectomy. When the surgeoun read that he quickly said that getting a haemorrhoidectomy was the last thing i shold do and strongly said that i should NOT do it unless it is the last option.
His stance was that the haemorrhoidectomy leaves "major scaring" and that he rarely does this procedure unless it is urgent. He also said that it takes 4-6 months of healing to get better..... lucky i never listened to my first colorectal surgeoun that said i need this operation.....

Unfortunately this surgeon wont do the rubber band ligation procedure on me so i guess i a curesed to live with this forever.....

Hopefully one day they come up with a procedure that is not so painfull or extreme when treating internal hemroids.....

Closed Thread