It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

mands HB User
Question If you run low grade temp with diverticulitis do you have an infection

If you run low grade temp with diverticulitis do you have an infection. I have been in the hospital twice in the last month first for 6 days on flagyl 4 time on iv a day. then 9 days later in hospital 5 days on flagyl and some other antibiotic. I i got out on 7/19/10 I am still running a low grade fever and have pain on left side but I am now having more pain of right lower side when I walk. I am bloated and very uncomfortable. Does this mean the infection was not cleared up either time I was in hospital. The first time I came out running 101 temp day after discharge now I run 99.5 to 100.5 and I have long sleeves on because I cann't stand the chills. I go to gastro dr the 4th ao august. I am scared I will need surgery and wonder if i will have more problems since I had a gastric bypass 23 years ago and have had high liver enzymes frequently with bad pain for several years. I take stadohl ns for that. but I don't know what to tell the dr. since my stomach is so intoralent of pain pills.

Last edited by mands; 07-29-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: more information to consider.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
(female)

eeyore57 HB User
Re: If you run low grade temp with diverticulitis do you have an infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mands View Post
If you run low grade temp with diverticulitis do you have an infection. I have been in the hospital twice in the last month first for 6 days on flagyl 4 time on iv a day. then 9 days later in hospital 5 days on flagyl and some other antibiotic. I i got out on 7/19/10 I am still running a low grade fever and have pain on left side but I am now having more pain of right lower side when I walk. I am bloated and very uncomfortable. Does this mean the infection was not cleared up either time I was in hospital. The first time I came out running 101 temp day after discharge now I run 99.5 to 100.5 and I have long sleeves on because I cann't stand the chills. I go to gastro dr the 4th ao august. I am scared I will need surgery and wonder if i will have more problems since I had a gastric bypass 23 years ago and have had high liver enzymes frequently with bad pain for several years. I take stadohl ns for that. but I don't know what to tell the dr. since my stomach is so intoralent of pain pills.
You can run a low temp. if i were you i would call the doctor. You don't want the diverticulis to burst . Then you would need emergency surgery.
I am not trying to scare you, i just want you to be careful.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread