It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
(male)

Cdrew11 HB User
Help! Unbearable anal itching!

Hello there, I've been suffering from anal itching for about a month now.

I can't pinpoint exactly when all these issues regarding my anus began, but I do remember having one incident when my perineum and the very top of my anus (I'll refer the "top" of my anus being that closest to the perineum) that may have started all this. I scratched the area in question possibly more then I should have and it stung whenever soap was a applied or water was ran over the area. Eventually the stinging stopped, but ever since, I've suffered from chronic anal itching.
At first I suffered from an occasional intense itch which would go away after an application of gold-bond. Defecating made the itching sensation unbearable and often times I had to wipe before I'd completed a bowel movement to offset the itch. As the itching continued, I changed anal hygiene habits, using my detachable shower head to thoroughly rinse my anus out with soap and water. Shortly after that, I discovered a lump forming on the left side of my anus. At the same time, I also noticed a very small bump (About the size of the tip of your average ball point pen) forming at the top of my anus which were about a finger tip deep. A week and a half later, the pea sized lump had faded, but the tiny bump remained, and the itching persisted.
As it stands now, that tiny bump became larger and seems to be fading, but hurts to the touch, while another tiny bump (similar to the first) is forming right along side it. The itching around my anus continues and seems to be originating where the new growth is. In addition I have another bulge which seems to be developing on the left side of my anus but it doesn't seem to be contributing to any itching (so far).

Some additional details:
- I haven't suffered from constipation, nor have I had a strained bowel movement in prior to, or during my anal itching
- My diet was the same prior to, and during this condition
- I haven't noticed any blood or light red spots after wiping my anus

I hope I've provided a thorough explanation of my condition, and I urge you to please respond quickly. Please let me know if you need me to answer any questions.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
(male)

telldatruth HB User
Re: Help! Unbearable anal itching!

Just my personal point of view of which you can further confirm with any GP available near your place.

from the description of what u have written down, you might be suffering from "parasite" invasion especially a type of worm called the pin-worm.

Just get to your local family doctor, tell them exactly the same thing and i believe they will have the same conclusion. No worries bro, parasites and worms are very common in human.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
(male)

Jamescooper HB User

That sounds like piles or hemorrhoids.

There's a cream called anusol that's good for it. Still it sounds very uncomfortable. So go see a G.P...
Best bet!

Last edited by moderator2; 08-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Could be the start of a pilonidal cyst. They are pockets of pus that grow and get hard. Then they itch like crazy because they form drainage ports and the scratching opens them up. Go to your doc. and if it is a pilo get it removed surgically as soon as you can. They don't go away and generally suck. Don't put yourself through living with them like I did for years. Surgery took care of it for me perfectly. Anyway probably not a pilo. but now you know about them. Good luck report back.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

Could be hemorroids, cysts or what started out as a fissure could have produced a skin tag. There is really no way of knowing exactly what is going on down there without getting a doc who knows what she/he is looking at to tell you.

Closed Thread