It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
(male)

smittythepig HB User
Anus smaller and less elastic after surgery?

Just wondering if there is anyone here who has had fissure or hemorrhoid surgery that feel as if their anus is maybe more narrow and less stretchy after surgery? I know shortly after surgery this is probably common. But I am really wondering more about those who have recovered completely. Lately I am obsessed about this and worried. I had surgery over a decade ago (LIS and fissurectomy and I think a second surgery about 6 months later that was more like a sphincteroplasty because the fissure wasn't healing great - some sort of flap i think was used to cover the fissure). I didn't really think much about this over the last decade, probably because i was on anti-depressants and didn't worry as much as i do now. But now I have some fear of going to the bathroom and getting constipated because it feels as if I I can't pass more than an average or slightly less than average size BM without feeling some slight discomfort. As if the hole is a little smaller or less elastic than it should be and if things aren't real soft or fairly small that there will be a little trouble.Which would make sense because of the surgeries and scar tissue, etc. I see some of the larger BM's that my young daughter has and I feel like I couldn't even pass something that size without some issues. no bleeding or major pain right now and none since the last surgery (once it healed). i think i have some small internal hemorrhoids that i'd swear cause me some discomfort. but that's about it.

anyway, just wondering. thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread