It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

coffeelover28 HB User
Diarrhea for 5 straight days? Sorry for TMI...

On Wednesday of this past week, I woke up at 11am, ate some lunch and immediately afterward I had diarrhea. Shortly after, I ate something else, and immediately after had diarrhea again. Then I took one anti-diarrhea pill that I had purchased from CVS a month ago.

Later that night I went out to dinner and had a salad. Immediately after eating the salad I had diarrhea again, except this time the diarrhea wasn't brown. It was green like the salad. :-/

Thursday I had no bowel movement at all, which I figured was from the pill I had taken on Wednesday.

Friday I ate lunch and had diarrhea again, but didn't take the pill.

Saturday morning I had diarrhea again, but didn't take the pill.

Now it's Saturday and I've had diarrhea twice since I ate lunch. I just took a anti-diarrhea pill, but now I'm wondering what the problem could be. I've never had diarrhea for more than a day or 2, and then everything goes back to normal. I'm not stressed, and nothing significant has happened in the last month so I doubt it's stress related. I haven't been eating anything really weird either.

Does anyone know what could be going on? Should I be worried? Or should I give it more time to see if it fixes itself before I go to a doctor?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User
Re: Diarrhea for 5 straight days? Sorry for TMI...

Go see a dr asap. If you are not havng food poison or on a new med and was health before you need to see a dr. or having the flu. sounds like a gi issue has come to rear it's self.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

Sounds like you may have IBS. Mine started that way.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

I thought that to. My daughter was dx with that about 2 yrs ago It is best though to get a gi workup to make sure. good luck. gi docs say take min imodium ad at night to help. try looking at gi diets like if chococlate caffiene carbonated beverges seem to make it worse well well you may have ibs.

Closed Thread