It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Cant have a bm

All if a sudden i have a problem going feels like i'm not big enough for the bowel to pass thru. If i take milk of magnesia or anything else it's horrible getting it to pass. Hard as a rock! Any ideas what to take thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
(female)

bostonandparis HB User
Re: Cant have a bm

Miralax doese it. Sold over the counter. Take 1 dose or 2 doses at night dissolved in water, no taste, you can even mix it with juice. It will take care of your problem, you might even need more. Good luck. bostonandparis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

thanks alot for the info!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

I tried the Miralax & nothing still the same. I have tried so many things.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

bostonandparis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram4 View Post
All if a sudden i have a problem going feels like i'm not big enough for the bowel to pass thru. If i take milk of magnesia or anything else it's horrible getting it to pass. Hard as a rock! Any ideas what to take thanks

Old 08-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
(female)

bostonandparis HB User

dear gram 4: you need to prevent the hard stool from forming by taking something like miralax, an over-the-counter laxative with no side effects. Buy some and figure out how much works for you--i use less than 1 tsp. at night. you might need more. miralax makes you go everyday so the hard lump doesn't form.

If you have a hard lump, you need to try a suppository or an enema or magnesium citrate. The first two are inserted in the rectum and the last is a bottle of liquid one takes before a procedure but in 4 hours it will clean you out. then start with miralax every single night. good luck. bostonandparis

Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

No message came up in your post thats strange.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

More fiber in your diet to prevent this.

OTC stool softener for this incident.

One thing that was recommended to me and DOES seem to work (oddly) is a warm glass of apple juice. It seems to get things moving, although I have no idea why.

Closed Thread