It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
(male)

nickfromseattle HB User
I'm 21, got a hemorrhoid, freaking out

I didn't even completely know what one was until about 5 days ago. I thought (and I assume this is a common misconception) that you acquired a hemorrhoid through poor hygiene.

I am 21 and will be going to MEPS for entry into the airforce in about a month. I know hemorrhoids that are large, swollen, or symptomatic are disqualifying.

Not only that but i'm freaking out in general. I didn't think a guy my age could get one this early? I thought most people got them in their 40s/50s? Perhaps another common misconception. In the last couple days I've been "holding it" for fear of taking 45 minutes in the bathroom properly taking care of it. I've had two movements since i've had it and both times i've just jumped in the shower.

Any advice? Will it go down completely? Will MEPS notice it even if the swelling does go down? Am I dying? lol, any help is appreciated

Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

Jennyk37 HB User
Re: I'm 21, got a hemorrhoid, freaking out

I'm 37 and I got my first one recently, but it's there because you probably pushed too hard or sat on the toilet too long. That can happen, but you are pretty young, but I guess it can happen to anyone at any age. I don't know if the airforce will notice or not, depending on if they check that area or not, but if it shrinks, it shouldn't be noticeable. Try using Preperation H to help shrink it, or Americaine to numb it, or both, but one or the other between showers because you don't want to mix the two. Don't worry, you're not dying. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread