It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

oodlez HB User
Bowel problems..metamucil?

Hi, I'm kinda young, but I have been having bowel problems for a long time now. I can't seem to move my bowels regularly! Last week I was super constipated for 6 days (longest EVER)!!! I had to take the nastiest milk of magnesia and that cleaned me out but gave me explosive 'D' for 2 days. Never going to use that again!!! I told my doctor and she said try Metamucil. So I tried it yesterday with a packet of it in water. HAd a lot of bloating and not much gas (like side effects said). No results today (next morning) (I know, don't see results that fast). I tried the 2 cinnamon wafers this morning, which I thought were better than the powder.

Am I on the right track?! I am so 'backed up' all the time and I really want to get this waste out of me soon/fast! Hope to get results from metamucil soon! I ate fruits/veggies/ healthy too!

Any advice or opinions?! please and thanks!! I need to get back on track and I have never had regular bowel movements before, and I really want them since last weeks 6 day constipation episode scared the bajeeberz out of me!

Last edited by oodlez; 08-06-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
(female)

dash30 HB User
Re: Bowel problems..metamucil?

I have the same problem... Metamucil does not work for me.. I was advised to drink more water but this hasn't helped! Maybe it would work for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

Ok, I have had IBS and have gone from constipation to the runs... back and forth for years until recently in the last several years where the constipation has set in if I don't eat right... You have to start including more fiber in your diet EVERY day and more than once a day. Beans, greens, fruit, nuts, shredded wheat, cabbage, oatmeal, raw veggies.. Aim for your 5 fruits/veggies (or more) a day. (Potatoes do not count unless it is sweet potatoes!)

Metamucil once a day is not going to get the job done. Start at 3 times a day for several days, if that don't work, add more and more until it does work. (I couldn't handle the taste and feel of it myself) Eat fiber bars, take fiber pills. Just set your goal to EAT MORE FIBER in everyday life on a regluar schedule as part of a healthier eating style for your life.!

I use to date a guy that had a doctors appointment but he didn't tell me what for. He goes and the next time I talked to him I asked him what the doctor said... You ready for this.... "Eat shredded wheat every day!".. He went because he was constipated and it cost him a lot of $$$ to have a doctor to tell him that!

Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
(female)

kp11ann3 HB User

try an over the counter pill called senakot it stimulates the nerves that help you go and mixing it with the metamucil will help a lot but if your having hard stool from the metamucil you should try miralax it will bring water into your stomach with the bulk from the fiber and help it move more smoothly

Closed Thread