It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
(male)

cnidoblast HB User
Sharp stabbing pain in lower right abdomen + right testicle after bowel movement

I just took a number 2 there and straight after I felt a sharp pain come on in my lower central abdomen, a bit above my testacles and now its turned into a sharp pain in my right testacle and lower right abdomen right where my scar from my appendix removal (that was 10 years ago) is. I'm prescribed dexedrine for ADHD and I've had this pain before while on dexedrine although its never lasted this long and I'm not on dexedrine today (was yesterday though).

I went in for a colonoscopy and endoscopy last year for similar problems and they found nothing wrong with my intestines and in the stomach nothing besides a hiatal hernia. There is blood in my stool from time to time but its usually red so I think thats just hemhroids or something. Any idea what this stabbing pain might be? Why would I feel it in my right testacle as well as my lower right abdomen and why would it come on right after I took a crap?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Sharp stabbing pain in lower right abdomen + right testicle after bowel movement

could be nerve impingement from your back? do you have back problems as well?

Could be IBS spasming after a bm, especially if you have constipation or even diarrhea.

I was going to say hernia, but low...could be around the area from your incision. Any lumps there?

Good your c-scope was clear.

Bleeding should be checked out...if it is hemmies, they should be treated as would be a fissure (you can check by taking a look-see over a mirror), and use medication to heal it/them.

Don't wait and assume, this is something you should get checked out.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
(male)

cnidoblast HB User
Re: Sharp stabbing pain in lower right abdomen + right testicle after bowel movement

Thanks for the reply. No back trouble at all but I have been noticing a mild pain around the hip bone this morning. Although it was neither diahhrea or constipation when this happened, it was exceptionally relieving and also smelt exceptionally strong.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Could be spasming during the episode...lots of activity during a bm. You might have eaten something that disagreed or caused you more gas than usual and was in a hurry to get out. Some foods cause more smell than others. OR...it was some sort of bug in there...easy to pick up from hand to mouth.

If your bms are back to normal, good it was a one-time deal.

If it does continue, you are best to get it checked out....hope you feel better.

q

Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

Thanks a lot quincy. I was anticipating replies like "GO TO DOCTOR ASAP", so its refreshing to hear from someone who actually informed me about what the problem may be. I did eat something that didn't agree with me, the night before I was drinking milk of magnesia for acid reflux since I had ran out of antacids but milk of magnesia, being a laxative upset my stomach but I held in the bowel movements until the next day. The pain is gone altogether now but if I get that same pain again I'm gonna just pay the 60 euros and see a doctor about it.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Interesting....so what was it that disagreed?

MOMagnesia causes diarrhea, it won't really help reflux. If you have reflux on a constant basis, I suggest you start taking Zantac (if it's over the counter) once a day to start to help.

High fat and spicy foods will stay in the stomach longer...leaving the likelihood to feel the reflux more obvious. Zantac can be taken up to twice daily and will help.

The other thing is you could have taken digestive enzymes to help break down foods that might sit longer in the stomach.

Fibre supplements and probiotics are also a good thing to consider...

Be well!
quincy

Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

Milk of magnesia is magnesium hydroxide though so it neutralizes stomach acid. I got that pain a couple of times since I made this thread but not as intense and nowhere near as long lasting. Its not just the right side. Its definitely connected to the testicles cuz even after the pain fades if I touch my balls they'll hurt. Weird stuff.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have you had your blood tested...maybe for vitamin B levels..especially B12?

Definitely get it checked out...that's an area that could have a few causes and some serious. Don't wait..especially since you've had it a few times in the past week.

Are you having the bm/testicle pain coinciding?

q

Old 08-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
(male)

cnidoblast HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Have you had your blood tested...maybe for vitamin B levels..especially B12?

Definitely get it checked out...that's an area that could have a few causes and some serious. Don't wait..especially since you've had it a few times in the past week.

Are you having the bm/testicle pain coinciding?

q
Interesting you ask that because I have blatant symptoms of riboflaving (B2) deficiency. I haven't had a blood test but thats exactly what I need to do. I don't mind paying for a doctors appointment if I get a blood test done while I'm there. Yeah the testicle pain comes on right after bowel movements. Thats pretty interesting I wonder what the hell that could be. I definitely have enough symptoms to make a doctors appointment worth the 60 euros so I'm gonna set one up.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
(male)

tat247 HB User

Hi there. I've been experiencing these symptoms as well for the past couple of years. I've been to the eurologist, had an ultrasound on my testicles, just had an upper and lower endoscopy and nothing conclusive has been found. I'm very curious if you've made any progress with your diagnosis. For the record, I have not had any blood work done. And I'm not sure why my doc hasn't ordered it.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #11
(male)

tat247 HB User

I should also add that I've had a CT scan, which showed mild diverticulosis. No signs of the diverticulosis showed up during the colonoscopy. And the only medication that I've been taking the past 2 years is welbutrin. But I can't remember if this problem started before or after I started taking the welbutrin.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
(female)

ihurtdaily HB User

My son had similar symptoms when he was 16. He even woke up early one morning groping himself in agony after previously complaining of testicle and lower abdominal pain. We figured it was growing pains until that morning. One trip to the urologist & x-ray later determined he had what was referred to as testicular torsion. An outpatient surgical procedure was performed to remove the little appendage (similar to a fleshy bone spur) that was causing the entrapment of his left testicle inside the sack and he was a new person. The doctor wasn't sure what caused it and it never happened again. And, I'm happy to say he and his wife just found out their expecting a few weeks ago...so he's 30 now and everything is functioning fine

Closed Thread