It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
(female)

zed6 HB User
contemplating fissure surgery

I'm a 41 year old woman and have have a fissure for for at couple of years now. I am contemplating surgery as it is so agonising however nervous about potential gas or incontinence. I have been told that Botox is fantastic for the spasms and rectogesic(0.4%GTN cream) is the only licensed product for a chronic anal fissure and even though it doesn't have the license to heal it does in some cases. i heard it's best to not take .2%GTN as this is unlicensed and acts the same as placebo and is an unpredectable formulation as it is made up by individuals. Some people respond well to Diltizem too so this is worth a shot aswell. Every night have a hot bath with salt in it(cup full) and this will totally relax your sphincter. Zed

Last edited by Administrator; 08-09-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: Is it possible to make a full recovery from anal fissures?

just get the surgery done. you will be so thankful. research colon and rectal surgeons in your area. find the ones that are rated the highest and have been practicing for a long time and you will have no reason to worry about incontinence.

i suffered with several tiny fissures for over 2 years before i got the surgery done. after i healed from surgery the only regret i had was that i didn't get the surgery done so much sooner.

i have my life back now! there for awhile i didn't think i was ever going to live a normal life again. i was so depressed and having panic attacks and dealing with major anxiety because of the fissures. i didn't like leaving the house.

anyways... i would get the surgery done. i am so thankful i did. i have had no problems what so ever

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread