It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
(male)

whyyyisme HB User
Strange bowel movements lately

For the last couple of days I have been going 2-4 times a day, usually in the morning, usually in very close proximity to the last movement. It is very very soft, the texture is weird, and feels sort of like diarrhea coming out, but it is not wet at all. My stomach would also hurt at different points during the day, but not specifically when I needed to go.

The softness and texture has been happening for the past couple of weeks now, but I've only really gone once every day or every other day (very rarely twice a day).

I haven't been eating anything out of the ordinary.

Some background though: a few months back I was having frequent urination troubles, so I started taking ditropan (a bladder relaxant). It worked pretty well most of the times, but there were days even with ditropan that I would still go frequently. I visited the urologist and she suggested it may be constipation that is causing my urination troubles, because back then I was taking the ditropan which could cause constipation. (back then I was going pretty normally - the occasional strange movement but nothing to worry about)

I stopped taking it about a week and a half ago after taking it for around a month and a half.

I have good and bad days with my frequent urination (sometimes I'll go a lot, sometimes I won't) but over the past few days I've had very odd bowel movement problems.

Last edited by whyyyisme; 08-12-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Strange bowel movements lately

I suggest that you use a probiotic supplement -- Reuteri --. You can buy it online and at some health food stores.

Lactobacillius reuteri is produced from mother's milk and helps re-establish the good friendly bacteria in your intesines. It kills on contact many of the unfriendly bacteria that causes BMs like you describe.

It is produced in Sweden and processed in Denmark and sold to very few manufactueres in the USA.

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-12-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread