It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
(male)

whyte HB User
Unhappy Prolapsed hemorrhoid Thrombosis

I am experiencing external and prolapsed internal hemorrhoids. I recently had to go to the ER because 2 external and 1 prolapsed internal became thrombosed and the pain became unbearable.

The ER did minor surgery to fix the thrombosed prolapsed hemorrhoid. The surgeon said that he was able to remove only a small amount of the clot and when he re-inserted the prolapsed internal, it came right back out.

What risks are associated with living with this condition (its fairly regular). I have heard horror stories about surgery, however i am getting worse.

What are the risks associated (besides the extreme pain) with leaving thrombosed hemorrhoids (internal and external) untreated?

What extra complication sand misery can i expect to endure due to regularly experiencing a prolapsed rectum alongwith the hemorrhoids?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

jennjenn72 HB User
Re: Prolapsed hemorrhoid Thrombosis

I recently had a bad flare up of a hemorrhoid, which ended up being thrombosed. After a week of every cream/suppository I can find along with soaking, nothing helped. The pain was so bad my husband was goint to take me to the E.R. (it had gotten at its worst over the weekend). That Monday I found a colon rectal surgeon who made it sound that by removing the clot in his office I would not have any problems afterwards, it wouldn't come back, etc. Well, had the clot removed (first needle was absolutely horrible). After the anesthetics wore off I thought I was going do die...worst pain in my life. Since this procedure (6 days ago) I have had nothing but problems. The other morning I woke up to being saturated with blood, and yesterday morning all I dind was sit on the toilet and started bleeding. The pain has been really bad. I developed fecal impaction from fear of going to the bathroom & have had to do a mineral oil enema 2 days in a row now. I was told by this surgeon that I would never be a canidate for hemmorhoid surgery because the pain is 1000 times worse. I plan on getting a second opinion, as I think you should too. I had a clot removed 4 years ago from a very painful hemorrhoid and I had it done with general anesthesia in a surgery center. Very painful the first day, but i got better pretty quick and just have a skin tag. It's very frustrating....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte View Post
I am experiencing external and prolapsed internal hemorrhoids. I recently had to go to the ER because 2 external and 1 prolapsed internal became thrombosed and the pain became unbearable.

The ER did minor surgery to fix the thrombosed prolapsed hemorrhoid. The surgeon said that he was able to remove only a small amount of the clot and when he re-inserted the prolapsed internal, it came right back out.

What risks are associated with living with this condition (its fairly regular). I have heard horror stories about surgery, however i am getting worse.

What are the risks associated (besides the extreme pain) with leaving thrombosed hemorrhoids (internal and external) untreated?

What extra complication sand misery can i expect to endure due to regularly experiencing a prolapsed rectum alongwith the hemorrhoids?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread