It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

amy1021 HB User
Mucus, bloodly stool, liver problems?

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help or at least give me some idea before I go my family doctor.

For a long time now, I've been having problems with gas - bloating, unable to hold the gas, and A LOT of it. I've increased my fiber intake recently, so it's probably mostly due to this. However, recently (around the last 2 weeks or so), I've been having extremely painful gas (sometimes to the point where I am doubled over), it's been much Much more smellier, and I've noticed changes with my stool. Well, yesterday and today, I've been going to the bathroom quite a lot (in pain), but nothing but mucus is coming out. Most of the time it is white and thick, sometimes brownish-yellowish. Also, when something does come out, it is light brown, covered in a white coating, and sometimes there is blood.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned or if it sounds like I'm missing/eating too much of something in my diet? I mention liver problem because I am taking medication (began taking 3 months ago) which is known to effect your liver (tegretol, for TLE..however, in rare cases it is known to hurt your liver). I had a blood test 1 and a half months into taking it and everything was fine, but could it be effecting my liver now?

Thanks for reading and I Really hope someone can give me some advice as to what might be going on! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Mucus, bloodly stool, liver problems?

Is the bleeding in the stool itself, or dripping afterward? Could be irritable bowel syndrome which can cause everything but the bleeding.

How many times a day are you going? and where exactly is the pain...in the rectum? throughout your abdomen?
When you go, is it like it's forcing stuff out on its own?

What kind of fibre have you increased...and how is your diet usually?

q

Last edited by quincy; 08-18-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
(female)

amy1021 HB User
Re: Mucus, bloodly stool, liver problems?

Hey q, thanks for the reply!

The bleeding was always after wiping...which leds me to believe it's just getting torn. But the past couple of days it has been in the stool (but not dripping afterward, no).

I'm usually going about 4-6 times a day, but it's not always a bowel movement..most of the time it's just gas coming out. The pain is in my abdomen, it never hurts coming out (unless it's big or a lot). The abdomen pain is sometimes unbearable and if I'm siting I find it difficult to even stand up. When I go I usually do not have to force it out any more than normal, however, the gas is another story. Sometimes the gas comes out without me even trying (which is often embarassing). Also, there have been a few times I've went to the bathroom and gas came out, however the mucus actually came out too without me realizing

As for the fibre increase - I started eating Fibre One in the morning, started eating more fruit, and also began eating Activia yogurt throughout the day. However, most of my problems have been happening before all this. I will admit that my diet isn't the best, but it also isn't horrible. I don't eat as many vegetables as I should, but I do eat fruit (usually apples and bananas). I eat a lot of chicken (almost everyday), quite a lot of dairy (yogurt and milk mostly) and bread. I do not eat much red meat, and I'm allergic to fish. I'm currently trying to cut back on my sugar intake, and I drink at least 1, sometimes 2 cups of coffee a day. I should also add that I'm a partially active, young adult (25), as I know that some people have bowel and gi problems as they age.

I appreciate the reply and the questions. This is an embarassing topic, but I realize it's also extremely important.

Closed Thread