hemmorhoid question....surgery scheduled
I have suspected that I have had hemmorhoids since the birth of my son-21 months ago. Well, about 6 weeks ago, I developed a thrombosed hemmorhoid that was so extremely painful. Went to the doctor, she prescribed some medication and cream and I went on my way. (She was a colorectal surgeon) I applied cream and took medication and it just wouldn't go away. I was miserable for a very long time.
I called back and we scheduled a time for it to be removed. It is scheduled to be removed this Friday.
Since I scheduled, it has gotten better. There is still a lump there, but nothing like it was before and I am in just a little discomfort-nothing at all like I was experiencing just a few weeks ago.
My question is this: Does this hemmrhoid still exist or is it gone for good now that it isn't nearly as large? If the surgery will prevent it from coming back, I still want to have it done. Is the hemmorhoid still there even though it has kind of absorbed back into my body (but yet there is still a lump there (not nearly as large) and less discomfort?
I have some bowel issues, so I have diarrhea A LOT. I figure that is where this all started and since it is a long term issue (the diarrhea)-it will probably happen again-but will this surgery prevent it? Or should I just cancel it and wait for it to flare up again?
Any help is greatly appreciated.