It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
diverticulitis????

i'm hoping this is the message board for this problem.

last week i went to my ob/gyn for a problem i THOUGHT was female in nature. she did a complete pelvic as well as vaginal and abdominal ultrasound. she told me i had nothing "female" wrong, but she "was fairly certain, considering my age (64) and the type of discomfort i was feeling" it was diverticulitis.

i'm scheduled for a c-t scan of pelvis/abdomen on wednesday a.m.

she put me on strong antibiotics - 500 mg gen flaggyl and 500 ml generic cipro to be taken twice daily. i took both doses the day of my exam (last wednesday), and have been taking them as ordered ever since.

my question is this: should my discomfort be gone since taking these strong antibiotics yet or would one think it's normal to still be uncomfortable?

my discomfort is in the abdomen, and also have a general feeling of yuch!!!!! almost like when you are coming down with a bad cold - achey, tired, no energy. it's not just one spot that "hurts". it's an all-over "sore" feeling throughout the entire abdomen.

i must say i was completely surprised to hear a diagnosis of diverticulitis as i've never had stomach problems (gall bladded removed MANY years ago), but she's the doctor.

anyone with this problem, please tell me how you feel and if my feelings are common.

thanks, lucy

Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: diverticulitis????

Taking the strong antibiotic that you said for a week should have produced some releif.

I think you need to see a gastro-Doctor.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread