It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
(male)

Yokel HB User
seeping from anus after (some) bowel movements?

Hi all,

For the past few months I have posted on this forum because I have had a internal hemroid. I thought that was the most of my problems however I am faced with some sort of seaping “liquid” or mucos that comes from my anus after I have bowl movement sometimes.

Basically if I try to describe the substance you cant really see it, this may sound crude but when I insert my finger in my anus all I can see that my finger is a bit shiny, and feels a bit wet. At the worst of times the seeping will continue for 3-5 hours and leave a huge wet patch on my under wear. The wet patch dries up and leaves a stain that is “caked up” when it dries.

I only experience this when I do a stool, and then later pass what I think is liquid? Today some parts of my stool were covered with whitish and bubbly saliva looking stuff…. This results in my internal hemroid being prolapsed for about 3-5 hours. On a good day it stays prolapse for about 3-5 minutes and no seepage from the anus.

This happens to me say once a fortnight or a week, or some times I can go on a month and nothing happens.

The surgeoun who inspected me last week only did a physical inspection and refused to use a scope because he saw that I was in some sort of discomfort when he was inspecting me, and that I needed a enema so that he could have a clearer look. He said that I could have a sigmoidoscopy (while sedated so I don’t feel anything) to have a better look. I told him that I feel uncomfortable of something so invasive so he suggested using a smaller scope (I think he said endoscope?), however I would need a to do a enema before this procedure – the problem is that with my internal hemroid and anal skin tag I am too afraid of doing a enema and injuring the hemroid or skin tag….

I thought that this seepage was because the hemroid was flared up and prolapsed for a few hours but the surgeoun doesn’t think so….

I really hope its nothing serious and just a side affect of the internal hemroid…. Could some one give me some advice please on what to do or expect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

Meemaa HB User
Re: seeping from anus after (some) bowel movements?

An enema won't bother your hemoroids. I have found that sometimes it can shrink them.

Closed Thread