It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

2mindless HB User
Chronic intestinal sensitivity

I have irritable bowel, but have not had any difficulty in years. I used to have fairly regular, healthy bm's. Within the last 2 years I'm going mad with intestinal sensitivity. I've had a change in diet which includes less red meat, more fruits & vegetables...but I thought that would be a good thing. I feel like my colon has a mind of it's own. What I can eat today, maybe not tomorrow. I used to COMPLETELY eliminate any trigger foods...but now even that doesn't seem to be working. I've gotten to a point aside from tea, toast, dairy...rice, pasta, yoghurt or oatmeal...there's little I can eat. Well, there are some other things. Even the time I eat. I find if I eat anything late at night (even a small snack, such as a bowl of cereal) then I'll pay for it in the morning. I always have loose, runny stools....it's like puppy poop, near diareha...sometimes with gas pain & cramping, most often "not". Like today, I just kept pooping & pooping...I didn't think it would stop (soft, mushy). A trick I've found is using acidophilous tabs...I take 2 of those before a meal & I'm generally ok...better than living on loperamide tabs.

Why have I had such a drastic change in intestinal tolerance to digestion of food in the last 2-3 years. Could it be related to the discovery of an incidental, "pineal gland cyst" (inside the brain) or an incidental "veinous angioma"? According to the neurosurgeon both anomalies may have been present since birth. I now have to go for annual MRI's to infinity...(monitoring). I've been told that neither of the accidentally discovered anomalies are causing the variety of "symptoms" I've been having throughout my body. I even sometimes get stomach fluttering, twitching (like muscular contractions...NOT GAS!) & I sometimes feel the same thing in my bowel, like it's spasming. I've had muscle twitches, spasms in other parts of my body. I have weakness in my muscles; can't support weight or carry items like I used to (even a bag of milk is difficult).I sometimes get numbness, tingling (like ice water running down my head)...other times I feel like I can feel my brain working...then there's the skin pain, tingling & sensitivity I've intermittently had in my left leg (inside of thigh, groin area). Sitting on the cold toilet seat was painful (any movement or touch would cause extreme sensitivity/discomfort). I used to occasionally get an icy cold sensation, like someone pouring icewater down my leg to my ankle...or a lukewarm feeling (as if you were PEEING down your leg) on the inside of my left thigh area. I think I used to have this as a child. But I haven't had this in years.

I'm about ready to go nuts. I have chronic fatigue because I sleep fitfully & can't get proper rest. I've never been like this either. Doctors & people put it down to stress & anxiety. I'm a relatively calm, relaxed person who doesn't have demands & pressures on me...Unfortunately my doctor doesn't support any of the things I've told him about. I had a few random episodes of such severe, intense pain in my left knee, shin area I felt like sawing my leg off....it would feel like someone blew out my knee with a shotgun...it was attributed to simple ARTHRITIS, take some aspirin.

I've had a life of misfortune....long-term abuse. I've been thrown around, beaten, knocked down, hit in the head; 30 years of being battered & bruised...alot of emotional/psychological torment...3 years ago I was the pedestrian in an MVA_hit & run. I took the full impact on my left side. I've had hip dysplasia & things since. Can't get therapy, no insurance, no money for chiropractic. My doctor sat me down & said he thinks I have a problem, everything is psychosomatic (in my head), but I'm "locked into" this physician. Provincial politics now has it once you're assigned to a physician you can't transfer. Stupid! We've had long term doctor shortages & hospital ER overloads attending to routine care.

I know this is a load of stuff....there are times I can't tighten my hand enough to make a grip on a "crack open" bottle. I have to repeatedly try to contract the muscle to make a firm grip. It's really troubled me. Many tell me I sound exactly like family members with fibromyalgia & I must get diagnosed/treatment. I feel like I have nowhere I can turn, except the LONG walk 2 km's to the hospital ER each time I have a twitch, spasm, numbness, tingling or whatever....often this stuff just comes on unexpectedly....the hospital ER did see me for some of the spells which led me to press for CT scan, then MRI....I was totally debilitated during an episode. It was ruled to be an acute inflammatory inner ear infection called "labyrinthitis", but the neurosurgeon said 1/2 of the symptoms didn't fit & were indicative of partial on-set seizures. I was sent for an EEG in May. I call it being "clean". I've been clean (no spells or funny sensations) in 18-20 months...maybe one or two barely detectable things. I won't know the test results til September 30th. As for the bowel problems, they're nearly running my life....I thank you for having the patience to weed through this message & help me demystify a few things...

Some things I've attributed to "neuropathy" (nerve pain). I've had 3
c-section deliveries in which major muscle, tissue & nerves were cut. I have permanent numbness in the skin overtop of the pubic region, just under the belly button. It used to be a more extensive breadth of numbness (dead zone) but I swear some of the nerves actually restored themselves. I occasionally have pain in the far left corner of the surgical scar. I've referred to it as "phantom pain". Not that I would know what phantom pain is, but instinct just made me think it's like phantom pain...sometimes that corner of groin will just feel "icky". I've often said I'm a train wreck of a woman....with all these undiagnosed anomalies. Most doctors are in the camp of "Yvonne, there's definitely something going on here, but we just don't know what it is"! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! So I bide my time, take each day slow & easy...I take pain relievers if I need them. Try to sleep well, stay active, eat a balanced diet....If I'm in pain I have hot soaks or icy gel (can't use the deep heating rub anymore on account of the neuropathy...the burning sensation from the deep heating ointment is just TOO painful to bare). If things are really hurting...I'll just camp out on the couch with hot tea & a show.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread