It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
(male)

pump Fe HB User
Is this incomplete evacuation?

When I need to go, it comes out smooth and easily, but the very last bit gets "cut-off" by the reflex of my anal sphincter. I can't control this reflex, and once it gets cut-off, I can't pass it for another several hours.

After a few hours, it finally comes out as a tiny chunk, almost like an afterthought. For those few hours, until it's passed, I can constantly feel it there, it's very annoying, and even irritating.

I would be fine if the symptoms were just irritation and pain, but the thing is, when I sit down for 15 mins or more, there is the constant smell of the un-passed stool. It's like everything in my GI tract shifts down as I sit, and the stool is closer to the opening, causing seeping odor.
Sure enough, when I pass the last bit, it smells just like the odor I could smell when sitting for long periods.

Any advice?
On my 4th trip to the doc, he prescribed miralax, hopefully this will help..

YES, I HAVE TAKEN FIBER, WATER, SUPPLEMENTS, etc. Softer stools seem to make it worse.
(For those who've had real problems, you might understand how frustrating it is when your doc tells you to eat more veggies. As if you haven't already tried those idiotic diets!)

Closed Thread