It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

connie101 HB User
Bloody Diaherra

I am a 40 year old female, about 20 pounds over weight, but in great health and rarely sick.

About 4-5Xa year I experience very painful stomach cramps. It is always the exact same way: Stomach cramps, then a BM that is soft, more cramps, then looser stools. This goes on for about an hour and then the stools are 100% liquid. Once the stools turn liquid it only last about another hour. After this I am exhausted and worn out for about a day. The last 3 times that I have gone through this it ends with bright red blood and some mucus in the bowl. I would say about 1-2 tablespoons of bright red blood in the bowl. The following couple of days I have no BM but when I do it is normal in color and no blood is seen.

Is this normal with diaherra? Has anyone else experienced this? Should I go to the ER? It doesn't happen on a regular basis so I feel like a fool going to the ER for something that only happens a few times a year. Of course I had my first bout in over 2 months last night so am even more freaked out by it! Another thing that is odd is that it always happens at night/early morning after I have gone to bed. The cramps wake me up and then here we go.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User
Re: Bloody Diaherra

Do you have a regular doctor that you could go see? If not then I'd get one and see him/her as soon as you can get an appointment. An ER visit is much more expensive than a regular doctor visit and they usually just tell you to go see your doctor anyway.

Blood in stool can be a sign of something so you should get it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread