It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
(female)

Gamom1 HB User
Exclamation Light cramping and dripping blood

Hi, I have posted a few times without getting any response. If there is someone out there that has any ideas about what is going on, please say so.

I have an appointment with a gastro doc on the 30th of this month. I have external hemorhiods (sp) but am unsure if I have internal. I have bled from time to time after having boughts of diarreah for the past year. Recently I had a spell where my stomach ran off really bad for about 3 days and my hind end stayed raw and hurt like h*** for a while. This was the initial reason for making the appointment. I have been waiting to see a doctor since the middle of August. Well, a few days ago I started seeing a little blood when I had a bowel movement. Yesterday I started feeling sorta crampy in the stomach (kinda like when you are on your menstrual cycle). When I went to the bathroom I noticed I was dripping blood. it wasnt a ton, but it was enough to drip a few times. The blood is bright red.

I am calling the doctors office when they open today to see if they can see me before the 30th.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
(female)

holdingon HB User
Re: Light cramping and dripping blood

I have never had exactly what you describe but I've had a combo of the symptoms. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and in the past, when stressed, I would get the cramping. I had internal hemmys but they didn't bleed. But I had a fissure that would bleed. The diarrhea could have given you a fissure. There were times when the fissure was active that I would have a spot of blood without having a bowel movement but that was a small amount, not dripping in the toilet. Usually bright red blood is from fissure or hemmys. But you are right to contact your doctor. I hope they are able to get you in sooner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

IBS wouldn't cause bleeding, but it could cause cramping and diarrhea.

When you have a diarrhea bm...is it blood all in the toilet mixed in with the diarrhea, or after you have, then there's dripping blood?

Have you taken a look (after wiping of course) yourself to see if you have an external fissure?

I do hope the GI will take a look at least into the anus and rectum to see if you do have any inflammation or hemmies that are bleeding or an anal fissure.

I have ulcerative colitis and what you describe are symptoms of what I had...that, however, does NOT mean that's what you have.

Arm yourself with questions and get clear answers from the doctor. Ask...is there any inflammation that bleeds when it's touched?
Do I have any internal hemmies? Do I have a fissure?

If you do have rectal inflammation, please make sure you set up an appointment with the doctor for a complete colonoscopy.

Have you recently been on any antibiotics?

This is the hardest time....waiting.

Were you able to get an appointment earlier?

quincy

Old 09-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
(female)

Gamom1 HB User

Hi Quincy, thanks so much for replying. I am so lost right now and have no one to talk to about this. My hubby just says, well, I don't know what to tell you and walks off.

the blood never appears to be mixed in, that I can tell. It always seems to come after the bowel movement. This morning I tried to go, had nothing but gas and a small amount of blood.

I have tried looking, but I really can't see anything.

My appointment has been moved to Monday, the 20th. I am making sure I get some kind of exam and a colonoscopy. I seen a GI doc about this a year ago and was brushed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
IBS wouldn't cause bleeding, but it could cause cramping and diarrhea.

When you have a diarrhea bm...is it blood all in the toilet mixed in with the diarrhea, or after you have, then there's dripping blood?

Have you taken a look (after wiping of course) yourself to see if you have an external fissure?

I do hope the GI will take a look at least into the anus and rectum to see if you do have any inflammation or hemmies that are bleeding or an anal fissure.

I have ulcerative colitis and what you describe are symptoms of what I had...that, however, does NOT mean that's what you have.

Arm yourself with questions and get clear answers from the doctor. Ask...is there any inflammation that bleeds when it's touched?
Do I have any internal hemmies? Do I have a fissure?

If you do have rectal inflammation, please make sure you set up an appointment with the doctor for a complete colonoscopy.

Have you recently been on any antibiotics?

This is the hardest time....waiting.

Were you able to get an appointment earlier?

quincy

Old 09-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

What was the reason you saw the GI last year? I hope you're not seeing the same one.

When you say you went today with just gas and blood...you mean you had like blood spraying out with the gas and that's what was in the toilet and on the paper?

Men don't deal with this kind of stuff well....not making excuses, however.

AWESOME your appointment is on Monday!!! Make a list of questions for sure.

q

Last edited by quincy; 09-17-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
(female)

Gamom1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingon View Post
I have never had exactly what you describe but I've had a combo of the symptoms. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and in the past, when stressed, I would get the cramping. I had internal hemmys but they didn't bleed. But I had a fissure that would bleed. The diarrhea could have given you a fissure. There were times when the fissure was active that I would have a spot of blood without having a bowel movement but that was a small amount, not dripping in the toilet. Usually bright red blood is from fissure or hemmys. But you are right to contact your doctor. I hope they are able to get you in sooner.

thanks for your reply. I hope its not something majorly serious for sure.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
(female)

Gamom1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
What was the reason you saw the GI last year? I hope you're not seeing the same one.

When you say you went today with just gas and blood...you mean you had like blood spraying out with the gas and that's what was in the toilet and on the paper?

Men don't deal with this kind of stuff well....not making excuses, however.

AWESOME your appointment is on Monday!!! Make a list of questions for sure.

q
My appointment last year was for the bleeding, which was passed off as probably internal hemmorhoids. and NO, I am seeing a new doctor!

What I had this morning was a little gas and after sitting there for a few mins, some blood drops. Today has been very little blood, only this morning, but diarreah all day and it's been yellow looking when I wipe.

I don't have as much of the cramping and bloating today.. but then again, I have not eaten all that much either

Old 09-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
(female)

Gamom1 HB User

hey everyone~ just want to update that I am schedule for a colonoscopy on Oct 7th

Closed Thread