It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
(male)

JamesOX HB User
Anyone able to help?

Hello,

Sorry if this is along post but I didn't want to leave anything out. Over the past three weeks I have been experiencing lower back, hip and abdominal pains that have not got any better and am worried as to what might be causing them.

I am a 27 year old man who began experiencing discomfort on the back of the thighs at the beginning of the month. Over the next few days I began to feel tired and achy and began to get dull pains in my lower back, deep in both of my buttocks, hips and inner thighs as well as urinating a lot more and having a bloated feeling in my stomach. Suffering from anxiety I went to the out of hours doctor to see what was wrong. The doctor took my blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, listened to my lungs, felt around my abdomen and made me take a urine test. The test came back clear so the doctor said I must have some sort of infection. He told me to rest and take pain killers. I felt a little bit better that night and the next day but began to feel worse in the next few days, experiencing the same symptoms. This led me to my local doctors who once again felt around my abdomen area and made me touch my toes to test out my flexibility, which wasn't a problem. She told me the same thing, that I was experiencing a viral infection and that I shouldn't worry about testicular or prostate cancer (which I was worried I had at the time).

Over the next few days I didn't feel any change, although my anxiety began to fade it became very uncomfortable to sit on chairs due to the discomfort in my buttocks and back, but on Friday I discovered a sore red lump at the top of my buttocks which was painful to the touch. Hot baths seemed to stop it hurting as much. Saturday I felt a lot better and although I had the pain from the sport/cyst I wasn't really experiencing any of the other symptoms I had been getting over the past two weeks. I thought I was on the road to recovery but yesterday was a return to the usual and although the aches in the buttocks were not nearly as bad I was having duller aches in my abdomen, both on the right and left sides. Sitting upright seemed to help a little and when I went to bed I laid on my front as well.

Today my stomach aches have been pretty strong. At first I thought it might be constipation since I've had that before and the stomach sort of feels the same but not with the other symptoms. Sitting down today has made me want to visit the bathroom a lot more, whether this is down to possible constipation or not I don't know.

My job does involve me having to sit for long periods (1-2 hours at a time) and although I visit the gym 3 times a week I usually spend a large portion of my time at home sat on my bottom, in slouching positions according to my girlfriend.

So now I am currently experiencing the following:

Bloated, dull ache in abdomen area, between belly button and just above the penis, more on left than right
Aches either side of the groin, in the V area connected to the legs
Lower back ache that also appears in outside of hips and in buttocks in varied amounts
Pain from a pimple/cyst at the top of my buttocks that has receded over the past few days
Tiredness
Slight headache
When I sit towards one side of my body (sort of slouching) it begins to feel uncomfortable just under my ribs, almost as if it's swollen, causing me to move.

I don't have blood in my stools but my frequency is all over the place with slightly loose ones and although I am going to the toilet more in the last day or so my urine does not sting when I go to the toilet. I've felt my testicles every day since I began feeling ill and can't find any signs of a lump or growth either. Could anxiety be causing any or all of these symptoms?

Sorry for the long post but I can't get an appointment for a few more days and beginning to worry that it's something serious.

Last edited by JamesOX; 09-20-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread