It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
(male)

ohnoes HB User
Unhappy Smelling like Feces?

so people tell me i smell like "crap" (actually, only one person told me that, the other kid told me i smelled like the country). i often hear people say "whats that smell?". they even think i crapped my pants. i personally cannot smell it, and i have no idea what to do. i have read something about "leaky gut syndrome", in which a fecal odor is released through your pores, but i have no idea how i can go about curing it since i am only 17.
also, my family doesn't acknowledge that i smell, they say they don't smell anything. so if they don't think there is a problem how can i go about curing it?

please i am totally lost, and i have no idea what to do. does anyone here share this problem? if so, have you found a way to cure it?
i am also constipated.

thanks
ohnoes

Last edited by ohnoes; 09-21-2010 at 09:09 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ohnoes:
D3press (11-05-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
(female)

holdingon HB User
Re: Smelling like Feces?

In case you don't get a response....saw a thread like this last week so thought I'd pass it on so you can check it out. Search for "i smell like really bad almost like poop"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
(female)

fjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB User

Although an embarrassing topic, I have to admit, I have been through the same thing when I was in school 10 years ago...Nobody said anything but I sensed that there was something wrong and at times i culd smell it too. Funny thing I was also constipated and living an unhealthy lifestyle. So I shaped up, started eating a lot of fibre and fruits and exercising 5 times a week, and proud to say it worked withing 2 months. try it and keep us posted. Maybe try a laxative to detox ur body first.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
(male)

ohnoes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjeeva001 View Post
Although an embarrassing topic, I have to admit, I have been through the same thing when I was in school 10 years ago...Nobody said anything but I sensed that there was something wrong and at times i culd smell it too. Funny thing I was also constipated and living an unhealthy lifestyle. So I shaped up, started eating a lot of fibre and fruits and exercising 5 times a week, and proud to say it worked withing 2 months. try it and keep us posted. Maybe try a laxative to detox ur body first.
appreciate it. by exercising do you mean pushups/situps? or something along the lines of jogging?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

This is something you should not have to endure, and you need to see your doctor. Have a talk with your parents and ask them to get you into the family doc.

Just because they say that cannot smell anything does not mean anything. This is about you, and your health. Like the other poster mentioned, there have been other people here with the same question. GO to the search box, and type in "smell like poop" and see if you get some other suggestions from other posters threads.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I just tried it and it worked, the first one on the list is the one you should read...it had 56 responses.

After you read it, you might share it with your parents. I hope you feel much better real soon

Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
(male)

ohnoes HB User

i read every post here:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=660287
and to no avail, no permanent solution. i have no idea what to do. i feel terrible knowing that i can't cure it.

edit:
cutting out dairy, will use soymilk for cereal.

Last edited by ohnoes; 09-22-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

No time to give up...Reading is one thing, but getting the proper medical help for yourself is another. Since this is something that is really making you fee awful, it is time to talk to your parents about getting you in to the right doctor who can help you. Can you do that tonight?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
(female)

fjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB User

Any form of cardio will help get your metabolism going..

Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
(male)

ohnoes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
No time to give up...Reading is one thing, but getting the proper medical help for yourself is another. Since this is something that is really making you fee awful, it is time to talk to your parents about getting you in to the right doctor who can help you. Can you do that tonight?
i mention it to them, and they say they dont smell anything

Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Tell them that you smell it, and others around you are too. I am sorry your parents are so lax about this. You might have to ask them more strongly. Do they have insurance coverage for you? This might be a reason you have been rebuffed. I am only guessing, I can't imagine my son coming to me wih similar issue, I would jump into action for my son.//insurance or not. This is a real thing, and should be treated as if it were not. Maybe if they say could just look it up and see for themselves....Could you work that our tonight?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
(male)

ohnoes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
Tell them that you smell it, and others around you are too. I am sorry your parents are so lax about this. You might have to ask them more strongly. Do they have insurance coverage for you? This might be a reason you have been rebuffed. I am only guessing, I can't imagine my son coming to me wih similar issue, I would jump into action for my son.//insurance or not. This is a real thing, and should be treated as if it were not. Maybe if they say could just look it up and see for themselves....Could you work that our tonight?
the thing is though, i don't smell it. ill mention it to her later tonight when she's not busy so there will be no distractions. thanks for being so supportive.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Oh, I am sorry for my mistake. I had also forgotten about the constipation...my poor memory!

How long has the constipation been going on now? That could be part of it. Talk to your mother about that too, you can start with over the counter medications that work to clear constipation.

I like your idea about picking a time to sit down with your mother with no distractions. Express yourself as you have here to me, if possible. All you need is a good physical, with this issue to be investigated by you and the doctor, as well as the constipation. That's all you need to get started, and a very understandable request.

As for being supportive, thank you. And you can expect me to remain supportive until you get some solid answer from a doctor, or you feel better.

Keep asking whenever you do not get an answer for your questions, and that goes for all things in life, not just this one. Good luck with your mom, and let me know what she says.

Thanks for being so thoughtful.

Last edited by writeleft; 09-24-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
(male)

ohnoes HB User

no problem my mom said she would buy some more fruits and such so i can improve my diet. the constipation started 2 years ago and it has progressively gotten worse. im just too embarrassed to mention it. i really think it is just a diet issue, when i get more fiber and fruits in there and less meats and junk food i think it should be cleared up.
thanks again.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

So, does that answer satisfy you? Why don't you look constipation up, and see what you find out. Being constipated for 2 years is way to long. I can understand you being embarrassed, but constipation is a pretty normal thing in small amounts....not 2 years.

Good luck with the fruits and veggies, that is a healthy choice that will pay you back for a lifetime.

Closed Thread