It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

tammielynn HB User
i have been having alot of constipation

i have been having alot of constipation, and im sure my pain meds dont help, but i go only once every couple weeks if i use a laxitive.i have alot of bloody mucus also. my lower back hurts alot now.i feel like i gotta poo but like the other poster said, nothing comes out except maybe a ball or two and the mucus. any suggestions?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: i have been having alot of constipation

what pain meds are you on and for what?

If you're having bleeding, you should see the doctor so that he can take a look-see.

Rather than take laxatives, you could increase your fibre intake through food (are you eating enough?), supplements, add probiotics and make sure you get enough liquids.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
(female)

Tiffanie30 HB User
Lightbulb Re: i have been having alot of constipation

Have you tried using a stool softener and increasing your fluids? Pain meds such as percocet etc and even muscle relaxers can cause constipation.

There are a number of things you can do. Instead of straining, use a fleet enema. This will help loosen things up and once the hardening is loosened the rest will come out easier. It will feel pretty bad but once its out then you'll have immediate relief hopefully. Some simple yoga moves such as bending in place a few minutes at a time can help push things along. Massaging the stomach while laying flat too can also get some relief.

There are also more mild options, trying a simple glycerin suppository or even a typical type of dulcolax which contains bisacodyl, or even miralax (a kind of powder that has no flavor and you add to your drink before bed). However, if all options fail an enema or drinking a 8 oz bottle of magnesium citrate is usually what the hospital will use in treating such a severe case of constipation. And these are available at any pharmacy and may spare you the embarrassment of having to endure in front of others. Hope this helps you. I am also dealing with the same problem, though mine is due to major intestinal surgery that I must live with permanently. I hope you feel better!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User
Hi Tiffanie30, have you researched into any of this?

Hi Tiffanie30,
Surferdude26 here. Hey, have you researched into any possiblities, regarding your problems, like anal prolapse, internal hemorrhoids being the problem, etc, etc? Lastly, I have some friends, who just recently tried this Chinese Herb called: Ganoderma Lucidum, which has been documented by the chinese to have been effective in healing people, for the last 2000 yrs. It's quite the herb! Some people called it the "Miracle Herb". Other's call it, the " Herb of Youth", etc, etc. Anyways, when my friends tried this herb(Ganoderma Lucidum), they were amazed at the health benefits of it!! They started having more energy throughout the day, in being able to accomplish more activities and goals and another bonus, is that they said they slept better at night, giving them more focus for the next incoming day ahead! You might want to seriously look into this herb. It's been quite fascinating, just hearing what my friends have said about this herb, that's been used for 2000 yrs!! Check it out and I hope, that you get some answers quickly, to your problems!! Goodluck and take care. Bye for now.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: i have been having alot of constipation

tammielynn: It's been a month since you posted this. How are you? Have you gotten any better? My recommendation would be to increase your "P" fruits - prunes, pineapple, pears, peaches, etc. P= poop. Also try taking some magnesium supplements. Your body knows when you've got enough magnesium because you'll get the runs. Magnesium is also found in dark chocolate, nuts, fish and green leafy vegetables. Also try eating more beets and beans. Try to stay away from the BRAT diet foods - bananas, rice, apples and toast. Use that remedy if you get the runs.

You do need to drink alot of water and increase your fiber.

If you're a big caffeine drinker, caffeine depletes the magnesium in you.

There's also something that you can buy at a healthfood store. It's called CALM. It's a magnesium drink that you drink like a tea.

Don't let this go on a long time. You're building up bad bacteria in your bowels and you don't want to end up with IBS or ulcers or have major problems there. Get it taken care of if you haven't already.

Closed Thread