It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

Prez HB User
Orange Stool + Hemorrhoids

Hi,

First, i have been reading a lot of threads on this forum in the last few days and have found a lot of valuable info so thanks in advance for all the responses that i may or may not get.

Before i get started i would like to mention that i am 31 years old. I run and practice sports on a regular basis. I watch what i eat and i don't smoke or drink coffee. I have no known allergies and i have never been diagnosed with any digestive problem.

So here is my story....

About 2 years ago i noticed that my stool was a bit on the orange side but never really did anything about it. About the same time i started to have some hemorrhoids problem ( i can't remember which one happened first) and again i didn't really pay much attention to it as neither of these health issues affected my day to day routine.

However, my health has been deteriorating in the last few months. MY stools are almost exclusively light orange now and are quite smelly (foul eggy odor). They also float and leave some sort of light orange/brown oily residue on the toilet paper. Sometimes i can even see some of the food i had eaten earlier in there (mostly green veggies). I have been bothered with bloating and stomach aches after i eat certain foods (for now i know that potatoes and certain spices/sauces trigger these reactions). Sometimes it feels like my digestive system bypasses a couple of steps as i get real gassy within minutes of eating a meal (very disgusting smell). I have also had days where i can pass gas 100+ times (i have to push a bit to let them out or else i get bloated, this doesn't help my Hemorrhoids problem).

To make matters worse my hemorrhoids have been bothering me a lot as well and i decided to see a doctor when a red rash appeared around my anus. He said that it was probably the result of all the scratching (the itch had been getting REALLY annoying). He told me to get some preparation H... Since then i have tried Prep H (cream and suppositories), Proctomyxin HC, and Clotrimaderm & Hydrosone for the rash. I also started taking a teaspoon of Metamucil to soften my stools. Nothing seems to work. I mean i can go for weeks without having my hemorrhoids swell up and everything is well but then one day, they flare up and get as big as they we're before and it's back to square one. I have been eating more fiber (fiber 1 bars, cereals and more fruits) My daily menu consist of : Vector cereals, fiber 1 bars, Sun Rype fruit + veggie bars, V8 juice, bananas, apples, yogurt and salad. As you can see i am trying hard to get better.

Even with all that, my stools are orange and very smelly. This got me concerned and i started doing some research. I read that the red itchy/moist anus rash could be a symptom of Celia disease so i looked it up and found that my digestive problems we're a common things for people that had Celiac.
I also realized that a lot them also had hemorrhoids at one point. My hemorrhoids don't seem to want to go away. I mean, i had a friend that had them about 2-3 months ago and he was going through a lot of pain when he had to go take a poop. He also had blood on his stool. He started taking preparation H and they we're gone within 2 weeks. Meanwhile, i have done everything in my power to try and get rid of them with no success.... This makes me think that my hemorrhoids aren't an isolated problem, more like a symptom of something bigger.

I get nervous when words like IBS, SBS, Celiac, Bile duct obstruction, gallstones etc.. get tossed around. I'm kind of stuck in a vicious circle here. I have increased my fiber intake to make my bowel movement easier but there is a chance that i might have some sort of gluten intolerance. Besides wheat and cereals what other foods are rich in fiber ?

I will go see my doctor again and see if he can refer me to a Gastroentorolosist. In the meantime what should i do ? What do you guys think of all this ? Feel free to ask me questions as i really want to get better. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread