It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

mewmew123456 HB User
Unhappy Really embarrassed

Hey guys, this is my first post. But lemme jump right into it.

So for all of you to know, I'm going to be twenty soon. But I have a huge problem.

I can't poop.

I mean, I can, but I don't for days. It's been that way ALL my life, and I don't know why!
Every three-five days I'll get a sudden urge to go to the bathroom really badly, but don't. It will usually be at that five day mark that THEN I use the bathroom. And by then my bowel movements are very large, painful, and I have to cut it up to make it fit down the toilet. This whole thing also makes me a gassy person. It's really bad, and even though nobody I know knows what I go through, I'm embarrassed of myself for this. And then for it to take three days to need to go again? I've never had a regular BM cycle, but I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to poo every day, right? So why can't I??

Don't know if this stuff will help, but if you need any background/medical info on me to help give advice, here it is:
-taking birth control, multivitamin, and Prevacid.
-blood work reveals high cholesterol, high triglycerides
-also a benign liver disease (bilirubin going through my digestive track, so no "harm")
-ALWAYS low blood pressure (about 70/106ish every time), but my heart rate is ALWAYS between 90-100
-have female-inherited fibrocyctosis. don't think that's too relevant though. :\
-find myself very thirsty regularly, but don't know how thirsty is abnormal
-also have a type of acid reflux

Thanks for the help guys. I'm so embarrassed. It means a lot.

Last edited by mewmew123456; 09-28-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Really embarrassed

Don't be embarressed, this can be fixed. First, how is your diet? Are you eating plenty of fruits and veggies and FIBER? And plenty of fluids.

The next thing is because you have been going so long with pooing, your intestines are stretched WAAAYYY out. You need to get on a regular schedule so that your intestines can shrink back down to where they belong. This will also help you go on a more regular basis.

There are alot of things you can do to help soften your stools and make them easier to pass. If you check on the pain management board you will find several threads about this because pain meds are very constipating. I take miralax every day. It is colorless tasteless and has no mouth feel. Other people prefer the water soluable fiber such as metamucil. It's whatever you find owrks for you. You can also take colace-which is a stool softener and helps with elimination.

For the fiber, eat fiber one for breakfast. Mix it with another cereal if you want. That adds 14 grams of fiber to your diet. You can also make bran muffins out of it. There are also fiber tabs that you can take to help with the fiber. There are alot of different foods out there that contain fiber that you can try. The most important thing is to get enough fluids and fiber in your diet that you get on a regular schedule.

good luck!

Closed Thread