It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

Leona Brown HB User
Question colon cleanses

Is it normal to feel sick when doing a colan cleanse such as headache and not feeling well all over

Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

shipscook1 HB User
Re: colon cleanses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Brown View Post
Is it normal to feel sick when doing a colan cleanse such as headache and not feeling well all over
what colon cleanse?? For a procedure, or ??? the only one I have had was before colonoscopy and no problems after?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Well, I don't know about normal because I had endometriosis for years but when I had the cleanse for the colonoscopy the belly didn't feel that nice and I had lots of diarrhea which is probably expected since you're cleaning out for the test. When a relative of mine had it he felt very sick but I can't say he was normal either because they found a 2 inch polyp inside of him which they subsequently removed. He felt very nauseated with the cleanse and had a lot of abdominal pain and cramping. He had so much pain he considered calling the ambulance but decided against it because he thought it might stop the proceedings for his up coming test or surgery. He had surgery and was sent back home but then later he was having trouble with vomiting and not feeling well so they admitted him to the hospital again where as far as I know he still is now.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

The colon cleanse product contains laxatives.

What you are feeling are the side effects of the laxatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Brown View Post

Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Leona, I suppose my relatives reaction was a bit more intense because when he had the 2 inch polyp and the laxatives made the muscles of the bowel push, the bowel had to push B.M. past that 2 inch polyp and there would not have been the normal amount of room to get past the large amount of tissue there. The bowel only has a certain amount of room in it even when it is normal. The healthier you are in my opinion the more comfortable a person would be for the test.

Closed Thread