It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
(female)

sully1 HB User
Post op bowel resection

I had a bowel resection July 2010. Post op healing went well but now I am having problems with having a BM. I go about every 3 days but have difficulty with passing soft stool. I experience severe cramps and nausea for few hours before I experience diarrhea. I have a full feeling in my rectum and discomfort when bearing down. I am on a fiber supplement. Has anyone experience these symptoms?

Old 10-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
(female)

PRINCE7HAWK HB User
Re: Post op bowel resection

I had a bowel resection in June 15th. They took out 3 inches of my intensines. I think it just takes a very long time to get over this surgery. I am having a struggle. I have had diarrehia since my surgery, and it doesn't want to stop any time soon. I have nausea to. I can't put my finger on it. One thing I think I might have found out, that many people that resection, become lactose intolerant. Something to do with the enzymes in the intensines. Right now I am up, because my stomach is going nuts, and it is 2:20 am here, I don't sleep nights, because I am constantly sick. Check out the mayo clinics website on Lactose intolerance, I might try to go dairy free for a few weeks and see what happens, I figure I have nothing to lose.
Good Luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
(female)

sully1 HB User

I thought things would improve after the surgery but find there's a whole new set of changes. I will monitor my dairy intake and see if it related to my symptoms. I hope you find the answer to yours. It's just a search but I am glad I found the site to hear everyone has changes. Good Luck

Old 10-09-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
(female)

PRINCE7HAWK HB User

Good Luck to you. I have been miserable all night. Be very careful what you eat. I put splenda in alot of the iced teas I drink, I just read that can cause your bowels to go crazy, including artificial sweetners. The lists go on and on. At this point, I am seriously thinking about going to a dietician. I know it is frustating, I am going through it to. :-)

Closed Thread