It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
(female)

PRINCE7HAWK HB User
Red face Please Help Me - Bowel Resection this Past Summer

Hi Everybody:

I had a bowel resection this past summer due a dr messing up on me when I had a hysterectomy. I had a hysterectomy done on May 18th with no problem. Come home, and got real sick on June 14th, end up in the emergency room with a bowel blockage. I had a General Surgeon open me up, and told me that I had a lot of adhesions but the blockage was caused by the gyn surgeon sewing my intensines into my incision. Needless to say, I lost 3 inches of my small intensines. I was cut very badly had open surgery with a 9 inch vertical incision. Recovery has been rough at times, but I thought I was getting better but now I am starting to feel worse again. Lately I have been very nauseated at times which I don't quite understand, and I have constant diarrehia. Does this ever ever ever go away???I think I might be lactose intolerance after this surgery. The last couple of days I have had yogurt for breakfast and sure enough, it goes through me in within an hour. Also I have these horrible rumbles in my tummy right now, it sounds like my stomach is empyting. I am so scared to go back to the surgeon. I have been through hell and back this past summer. I am starting a new job on Tuesday, since I was laid off in April. Does all of this sound normal to people that have gone through this any recommendations? I am taking immodium every day, but for some reason today it is just not working. I am really starting to get scared worrying that it is happening again. I can't get it out of my head, that I might have to go back to the hospital. I am scared to death. Anybody with any input I would so much appreciate your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
(male)

JSS66CT HB User
Re: Please Help Me - Bowel Resection this Past Summer

Hi PRINCE7HAWK:

I had 18" of my colon removed in the Fall of 2008 when they removed my tumor. I also had 3 more resections this past summer in both my large and small intestine to remove 3 more tumors.

I have had chronic diarrhea since 2009 which has in the last 2 months formed a fissure (oh so painful). I am relearning how to eat. Much smaller meals. My appetite has most recently diminished some too.

My Doctors recommended Imodium and fiber supplements. Sometimes the fiber does help bulk my stools. Sometimes is causes more diarrhea.

My tummy rumbles a lot too.

If you are concerned, you should go see the Doctor.

I wish you well. Be strong!!

Jay

Closed Thread