It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
(male)

apedosmil HB User
incomplete evacuation.

hey, ive just turned 19 and I was wondering if anyone could explain whats happening to me.

for the past sort of 4 months, ive had this feeling of incomplete evacuation. that when I poop not much comes out,and it feels like theres still more that needs to come out, and my stomach makes rumbling noises a lot, particuarly when I lie down. I doubt its IBS since i have none of the other sypmtoms, but its still a worry. I have a terrible diet, which might be the cause of it, as for about 5 days a few weeks ago I ate very little junk and lots of brown bread, apples and water, which made a lot more poop come out, like way more, but I still had the feeling of incomplete evacuation. anyone know how to get rid of it? thanks for the help.

Last edited by apedosmil; 10-14-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: incomplete evacuation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apedosmil View Post
hey, ive just turned 19 and I was wondering if anyone could explain whats happening to me.

for the past sort of 4 months, ive had this feeling of incomplete evacuation. that when I poop not much comes out,and it feels like theres still more that needs to come out, and my stomach makes rumbling noises a lot, particuarly when I lie down. I doubt its IBS since i have none of the other sypmtoms, but its still a worry. I have a terrible diet, which might be the cause of it, as for about 5 days a few weeks ago I ate very little junk and lots of brown bread, apples and water, which made a lot more poop come out, like way more, but I still had the feeling of incomplete evacuation. anyone know how to get rid of it? thanks for the help.
Hi there! a family member of mine likes one cup of prune juice heated up, warm seems to work better according to some and on occasion some senna pod or leaf tea, he thinks the pods work better. He sometimes repeats the cup of prune juice if the first cup doesn't work. I have seen him drink as much as a half of a small bottle of it. The senna pods and leaves can be obtained at a healthfood center or from various herb companies.

Last edited by sjb; 10-14-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: additions

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
(female)

momoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB User

Hi ! From the medication I take I have been going through the same exact thing ! I have never been constipated before so this was very new to me. Everytime I would go , it always felt like more was there and the rumbling in the stomach was the same as yours. I was desperate to go so I bought one of those enemas from the store. It did not do much for me. What has saved me the past few weeks id Miralax. It is very safe to take and has no taste at all. I take it in the morning and sometimes at night as well if I am bad and it has made me very regular again ! Give it a try , it has made such a big difference for me !

Old 10-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
(male)

apedosmil HB User

had some miralax at about 3 in the afternoon and am still waiting for it to work (its now nearly 8 in the UK) when does it kick in? =(

Old 10-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
(female)

momoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB User

You may not notice anything until morning. But don't give up and if you don't have anything by morning , and even if you do , still take it again. It is not going to all of asudden make you feel like you have to go but once it does start to work you should have some great relief !

Old 10-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:

for the past sort of 4 months, ive had this feeling of incomplete evacuation.

Hi I am curious to know if you tried any prune juice or senna pods?

that when I poop not much comes out,and it feels like theres still more that needs to come out, and my stomach makes rumbling noises a lot, particuarly when I lie down. I doubt its IBS since i have none of the other sypmtoms, but its still a worry. I have a terrible diet, which might be the cause of it, as for about 5 days a few weeks ago I ate very little junk and lots of brown bread, apples and water, which made a lot more poop come out, like way more, but I still had the feeling of incomplete evacuation. anyone know how to get rid of it? thanks for the help.

Last edited by sjb; 10-17-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
(male)

apedosmil HB User

not yet but I will do, miralax is starting to work a little, but I will still try out those methods too =)

Old 10-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

apedosmil: try eating more "p" fruits - pineapple, prunes, pears, peaches, etc. Drink MORE water and eat more fiber. You can also take magnesium supplements. Your body will know when you've got enough magnesium because you'll end up with loose stools. If you're a caffeine drinker, caffeine depletes the magnesium from you. Magnesium can also be found in nuts, dark chocolate and salmon. If you end up with the loose stools then use the BRAT diet - Bananas, rice, apples and toast. It seems you were eating the brat diet with all the bread and apples you ate. See, it bound you up. Try to stay away from over the counter stuff if you can so you don't become reliant on them all the time. Natural is better.

The following user gives a hug of support to 92261:
sjb (10-25-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
sjb (10-25-2010)
Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
(female)

aoakle HB User

Quote:

Maybe try some fibercon or a fiber mix that you can drink everyday. If that does not help then it could be some sort of spincter issue cause you said your bowel sounds are hyperactive.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
(male)

apedosmil HB User

been take fybogen and my abdomen has swelled up alot, is this normal?

Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
(male)

abuwinner HB User

I am experiencing the same problem here just wondering if there could be a solution for this......

Closed Thread