It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2001, 01:49 PM   #1

kaiser HB User
Slow transit time in bowel

Here is my situation. I have been constipated since birth. I would have a bowel movement every six weeks to three months, for most of my life. When I was 53 years old, my bowel completely stopped moving anything through. Cleveland Clinic resected, removing my colon. The large intestine was reattached to the rectum. Although they removed the majority of the colon with the exception of about 10 inches, what they left, still does not function properly. I have extremely slow transit time. I need something to start peristalsis and have been unable to find anything. Years ago I took Ilopan Choline. This stimulated the nerves in the colon and gave me a tremendous amount of relief, but the drug companies stopped manufacturing this product because the demand was to limited. This was the only product that ever worked and it worked well. Fiber blocks, fresh fruits have no effect, and I am at a loss as to what to do now. Any suggestions?

Old 02-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Slow transit time in bowel

Hi kaiser,
I have had you on my mind since I read your message and just kept wondering what I would do if I had your problems. Having had GI problems for well over 30 years I thought I had problems but they are minor in contrast to yours.It is difficult for me to imagine what you have been through.

I have used homeopathic medicine for a long time(25 years). There is a remedy that just may work for you. It is "Hydrastis 30X". It has been used by people with poor digestion, weak muscular power and very obstinate constipation. Although I post alot on this board I don't suggest homeopathic remedies often but I use them weekly helping friends and relatives with good success.

As you may know I am a big believer in using water soluble fiber like Metamucil that is made up of psyllium seed husk. My experience has been --if this type water soluble fiber supplement causes you blockage then you are not drinking enough water or you have serious nerve damage.There are also many drugs that cause constipation. I have had or have Gerd, ulcers, diverticulitis, hemorrhoids ,gallbladder removed, IBS, etc. I have had almost every test that is conducted on the Digestive System.So I've had some experience.
I hope this helps.Let us know how you are doing---We care!!!
God Bless YOU---Harry<p>[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 02-11-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread