It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2001, 06:28 PM   #1

Annalein18 HB User
IBS trapped gas, nausea

I am hoping someone will respond to me because I am in serious need of help. I have been sick everyday for the last 6 months with nausea, abdominal pain, reflux, and constant gas. I received a diagnosis of IBS from a GI doctor after doing a colonoscopy which came back normal. I am a very stressed person, as I have panic disorder with agoraphobia, and a phobia of vomiting. Since I'm always feeling sick, I'm almost always in a state of anxiety. I cannot take it anymore...have been suicidal at times. The doctor doesn't know how to help me. I have changed my diet which has done nothing- there are no foods that "trigger" attacks for me. My biggest problem is the trapped gas in my colon and stomach which makes me really nauseous, uncomfortable and gives me a feeling that "something bad" will happen imminently. I eat healthily, but I don't exercise...could idleness cause these problems? Someone please respond if you have any input for me... I have dropped out of college and returned home to live with my parents because I am so sick and unhappy. Please help...

Old 01-27-2001, 09:06 PM   #2

Robert2 HB User
Re: IBS trapped gas, nausea

Go see a psychiatrist and get your anxiety under control. That might be the problem.

Did your doctor take a stool sample? There is a kind of an infection that you can get in your intestines. It's a bacteria that sets in and won't go away. There is medicine that will make it go away.

Try eliminating uncooked fruits and vegetables from your diet. They cause a lot of problems for some people.

Eat a carton of yogurt with active culture every day to help you digestion.

Try a diet that is mostly steamed rice, cooked vegetables, chicken and fish for a ten days. See if it helps.

Definitely talk to other doctors if the one you have isn't helping you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2001, 08:40 AM   #3

Annalein18 HB User

Thanks Robert for responding...I will try those things you suggested that I haven't already tried. I really appreciate your response.

Old 09-21-2001, 10:24 PM   #4
Inactive

naomi HB User

Have you tried drinking fresh cabbage juice?

Old 09-27-2001, 12:18 AM   #5

Laura Jean HB User

I have the same problem as you do. I hope we can both get this figured out!! I go for a colonoscopy on Halloween!! (Spooky, huh?!) I'll let you know if my Dr. has anything to say. Good luck to the both of us.

Old 09-27-2001, 09:42 AM   #6
Inactive

Kvs2731 HB User

Many problems stem from improperly digested food.

Improving digestion for most people can be very helpful.

A very good digestive enzyme product could be your solution.

Kvs

Old 10-11-2001, 10:17 AM   #7

DianeMarie73 HB User

I have all of your symptoms and it is food allegies. I have gone through 26 off my 28 yrs in alot of pain and nausea among many many other problems. I would get allergy tests eliminating these foods was the ONLY thing that ever helped me. I've had ever horrible invasive test done and have been on every pill there is. I hope this helps. Diane

Old 10-11-2001, 10:19 AM   #8

DianeMarie73 HB User

I'm sorry I forgot to mention I have acid reflux, depression, "IBS" and fatigue.

Old 10-13-2001, 08:51 AM   #9

julia129 HB User

hello i also suffer from panic attacks and anxiety i also have endometriosis a disease of the womb i am also terribly constipated and the pin is unbearable sometimes i have tried all sorts of diets and healthy eating i sometimes think it has something to do with my anxiety, i also get bouts of agoraphobia when i will only go outside if i have some one with me i wish i had some answers. all the best julianne

Old 10-18-2001, 11:36 AM   #10

julia129 HB User

hi i suffer from anxiety and depression i went for a sigoscopy and they diagnosed ibs i tried different diets but to no avail i stopped eating junk food and started eating veg and fruit etc but nothing has helped i really dont know where to go from here but dep down i think it is to do with my psycological problems if you have any joy please let me know

Closed Thread