It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2002, 04:03 PM   #1

sudzie HB User
swallowed crown, how long to pass?

Hi everyone
I had a new crown put on my back tooth. It came off while eating and I swallowed it. I don't know how that happened but it did.
I called the dentist and they said let it pass and they would sterilize it (gross) or pay $600 for a new one. I am going to argue that point if I don't find it.
It has been 3 days and I have had 4 bowel movements and still no sign of it. How long does it take? they said a couple of days..This is the grossest thing that I have ever had to do in my life.Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks..

------------------
Sudzie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2002, 12:00 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Re: swallowed crown, how long to pass?

I don't have a clue how long it will take to pass since everyones digestive system is different. My one question you should ask your dentist is why didn't they use permanent cement when the put your crown in? With permanent cement your crowns are supposed to be good for life. I only have semi permanent cement on my crown as I was pregnant when I had it put it and without x-rays to confirm postion they wouldn't use permanent cement but in the 12-13 years I have had it is has remained solid as a rock.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2002, 08:18 AM   #3

sudzie HB User

Hi mgable
I m sure that he did use permanent cement. I week before it fell off I went in for a cleaning. I thought that I felt the crown move when she was cleaning my teeth. When she was done I felt it and it seemed ok, that was my mistake not to have mentioned it then.
I am going to argue the whole deal with the dentist because I know that there was something wrong that it came off that quick. I have another crown that has been on for over 20 years and has never fell off or had any problems at all. But I will still watch for it though the thought and the actions gross me out. It is almost a challenge now and a big joke around the house. I am glad that my family is having fun with this :0) .
Thanks for your reply. I am mainly wondering if I could have missed it or if its hung up on something inside me and may never pass. I am not going to be doing this for more than a week.

------------------
Sudzie

Old 03-23-2002, 04:54 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Unless you are picking each and every piece of your stool apart you could very easily have missed it. It may also have been in a part of stool that kind went farther down the toilet bowl first and wasn't visible. I am glad you are going to fight the dentist on this one because it sure seems like his cement isn't as permamnent as it should be. If you know of a nurse who works in a nursing home you might want to ask them if they can get you a "speci pan" or a hat per say that is used for collecting urine samples in nursing homes. You put this on the BACK of the toilet rim instead of the front to collect your stools so you don't have to retrieve them from the toilet. Good Luck.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
(male)

spoons58 HB User

Did it ever come out??I did the samething 2 movements ago??

Old 12-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
(male)

spoons58 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudzie View Post
Hi mgable
I m sure that he did use permanent cement. I week before it fell off I went in for a cleaning. I thought that I felt the crown move when she was cleaning my teeth. When she was done I felt it and it seemed ok, that was my mistake not to have mentioned it then.
I am going to argue the whole deal with the dentist because I know that there was something wrong that it came off that quick. I have another crown that has been on for over 20 years and has never fell off or had any problems at all. But I will still watch for it though the thought and the actions gross me out. It is almost a challenge now and a big joke around the house. I am glad that my family is having fun with this :0) .
Thanks for your reply. I am mainly wondering if I could have missed it or if its hung up on something inside me and may never pass. I am not going to be doing this for more than a week.

------------------
Sudzie
Susie did the crown ever reappear from the rear????LOL .Sorry,couldnt help myself.I am going through the samething.And I didnt miss it yet,trust me...But can it get stuck and never come out???Im on #2-movement ,its only been 23hours since I swollowed it???

Spoons58
Please let me know??

Closed Thread