It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
(male)

wampuscat0486 HB User
........need help

Hi, this is my first time posting. I am a 24 year old male, who until 3 years ago was perfectly healthy. When I was 21 I became very sick with what I thought was the flu. Well after 5 months of testing and 40lbs lighter they found cryptosporidium. I weighed 195 before this happen and now currently weigh 140. Well after getting over that, I still had alot of dicomfort and they found my gallbladder want functioning properly, so decided to remove it. I started feeling better and got up to 160 lbs. Well about a year and half ago I started having pain and diherra again. They told me i had IBS. After to stints of going to the er and espicially one bad trip their they found i had cdiff. They put me in the hospital for 3 days and took 2 weeks of flagyl. Well once again I started feeling better, but this past summer around may i started feeling sick again. They tested me for cdiff and it was positive again. I tried some diff med and eventually tested negative for cdiff in august. Well two weeks ago the same symptoms are starting to flare up. Personally i dont know how much physically and mentally, how i can keep going through this. Is their anything else i should do? I have heard about the fecal transplant, is this a good option?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User
Re: ........need help

I was just reading about this illness...says it is usually brought on after use of antibiotics and ironically they use other antibiotics to cure it. Flagyl is usually used with moderate symptoms (my interpertation is that you have had this pretty bad to be in for 3 days receiving this antibiotic). For the research I just did...it seems your only options are partial colon removal or the fecal transplant that you are speaking of. I would ask about the colon removal part first since "transplant" sounds so drastic. This seems like a horrible illness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread