It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
(male)

Liquid27 HB User
I can't live like this anymore (Desperate for help)

I have absolutely no idea what it is, and neither do my doctor(s)
Name a test, I have done it with 0 results. (Including colonoscopy)
I feel like I am constantly constipated, and I personally believe I am. (One test said I had no bowel in me) (Another said I was extremely constipated)
My stomach feels extremely bloated all the time, which creates a very uncomfortable feeling all day, and all night, but when I go to the bathroom (Rarely) I feel 100% better.
I've been having this problem since I was around 13-15 years old. (Am now 20 years of age)
I always just "lived with it" and it became a natural way to feel to me over the years that went by.
But I realized this is interfering with my entire life, I rarely want to go out with friends, I don't want to do anything except for sit at home. (I'm not lazy, I take an extreme amount of classes in college at the moment)
Last night before I was going to sleep I decided to register on this forum and post this today.
The feeling is constant, and my psychologist prescribed me Adderall XR (30 MG) and Adderall (15 MG instant release) due to my anxiety issues. (ADHD to)
For the first few months on this medication, I felt great (well duh it's amphetamines right?)
Well while I was taking Adderall I was able to go to the bathroom in the morning without any issues, and it must have somehow been counteracting whatever seems to be "clogging me up."
I've even looked into how it could be a psychological issue, considering the Adderall I am taking would put me in a great mood, I was able to completely do whatever I wanted (I would usually get nervous talking to strangers, or people I don't know very well) no anxiety issues, was focusing in school extremely well etc.
I guess now that I'm developing an immunity to the Adderall, I am having problems once again. (Example: Was reading in class and I felt very hot, and I started shaking and my heart started beating real fast)
This morning, and last night were some of the most painful and bloated feelings I've ever had thus far. Luckily I took a laxative the night before, or I doubt I would have been able to go to the bathroom today, and I'd probably be extremely depressed and in pain.
I've tried a variety of diets, which have had no effect what so ever.

I've been living with this for to long, and my doctor has basically given up after all of the test results indicate I'm perfectly healthy.
I'm only 20 years old, I have a beautiful girlfriend, I take alot of classes and am doing very well, but I feel I could be doing so much more.

I really appreciate any advice you could possibly give to me, shedding some light will do a great deal for me.
Thanks to anyone repliers in advance, greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also, occassionaly when I wipe there is blood, mostly fresh bright red, but sometimes dark, I've done stool samples, and I'm guessing and have been told this is H-roids. (But they go away, and then come back)
I'm just sick of all this, it's really starting to interfere with my life now that I'm older.
It also seems like my doctor is out of ideas, and he's supposed to be one of the best in the state! No doctor will admit "I don't know"

Last edited by Liquid27; 10-20-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Adding Info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
(male)

Liquid27 HB User
Re: I can't live like this anymore (Desperate for help)

No recommendations/opinions? :/

Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Liquid27: I don't know if my recommendations will help you but I'll give it a shot.

First - how much water do you drink? If you don't drink water you'll end up with bowel problems.

Second: Start adding more "P" fruits to your diet - pineapple, peaches, pears, prunes, etc. P = poop!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Third: Get some magnesium supplements and take those. Your body knows when it has enough magnesium because you'll end up with loose stools. You can also get a toxic/non-toxic element test done to see if you're low in this. It's a hair test where they clip your hair and send it off to be analyzed. It's not covered by ins. but doesn't cost much.

If you're a coffee drinker, magnesium is depleted by caffeine.

Fourth; add more fiber to your diet - leafy greens, nuts, fish (salmon) pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, dark chocolate, etc. And drink the water to go along with it.

Fifth: Watch the BRAT diet - Bananas, rice, apples and toast - That's the diet you want to eat when you've got the runs.

Sixth - exercise, exercise, exercise - the more the better. It helps move the bowels.

Seventh: Get a colonoscopy if you need to to make sure you don't have any polyps or other issues going on in the colon, and they can check for the hemmoroids. They can also check to make sure you don't have IBS. You don't want blood coming out of there. That's not a good sign.

Eighth: Good luck and have a nice day.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User
Hey Liquid27, maybe you can look into this for your problems?

Hey Liquid27,
Surferdude26 here. Hey man, I read your text and I can totally understand your frustrations with your bowels, only on a totally different plain. If you are having problems with constipation or abdominal pains, because of fecal matter not exiting the anus, have you looked into Ganoderma Lucidum? Another word for it, is called: "Red Reishi" mushroom caps. It has been a herb, that has been used for over 4000 yrs, by the Chinese, Japanese and Korean people, to promote health, regulating body problems, IBS and getting your body organs to function again as they should! Perhapes, you should investigate into the health benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum and see if this maybe some answer to help you out. Sometimes, when all other conventional medicine aside fails us, alot of people turn to natural herbs, as a temporary remedy! I have heard alot of good health reports, from people taking this Ganoderma Lucidum herb and there are more postive's then negatives, when taking this herb. Research this herb out and get a couple opinion's from some of your friends, or even your girlfriend if you feel comfortable in talking to her about this!! I hope that this information, helps you get somewhere!!! Good luck and don't give up looking for answers!! Take care. God bless you. Bye for now.

This morning, and last night were some of the most painful and bloated feelings I've ever had thus far. Luckily I took a laxative the night before, or I doubt I would have been able to go to the bathroom today, and I'd probably be extremely depressed and in pain.
I've tried a variety of diets, which have had no effect what so ever.

I've been living with this for to long, and my doctor has basically given up after all of the test results indicate I'm perfectly healthy.
I'm only 20 years old, I have a beautiful girlfriend, I take alot of classes and am doing very well, but I feel I could be doing so much more.

I really appreciate any advice you could possibly give to me, shedding some light will do a great deal for me.
Thanks to anyone repliers in advance, greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also, occassionaly when I wipe there is blood, mostly fresh bright red, but sometimes dark, I've done stool samples, and I'm guessing and have been told this is H-roids. (But they go away, and then come back)
I'm just sick of all this, it's really starting to interfere with my life now that I'm older.
It also seems like my doctor is out of ideas, and he's supposed to be one of the best in the state! No doctor will admit "I don't know"[/QUOTE]

Old 10-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid27 View Post
No recommendations/opinions? :/
Hey Liquid27,
Surferdude26 here. Hey dude, I sent you a text message through here. If you read above, it will talk about looking into a Herb, called: Ganoderma Lucidum. It may or may not help with your problems. This is a herb, that works with the body, not against it!! Check it out and let me know, what you think okay! I hope you get better and take care of yourself. God bless. Bye for now.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB User

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR...Sounds like you need 1/2 glass nightly. Mix it with honey. I'm telling you...I promise..if you do this...you will POOP EVERYDAY.

You can use the kind in supermarkets...but you will get better results if you order Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar online. It looks gross, it won't hurt you.....the grosser it looks the better.

My whole life I have had trouble pooping and this is the only thing that works for me and it is beneficial in many other ways. Good luck.

Closed Thread