It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
(male)

Pawleyz HB User
fissurectomy and lateral internal sphyncterotomy

hello everyone:

Tomorrow i will be having my surgery in Charleston,SC... I feel that I have the best surgeon after months of research ( Dr Murphy)

I will keep everyone posted on my process.. I am not as concerned about the procedures but the recovery !!

Does anyone have a good diet for the recovery process ?? I am concerned about BM and want a SMOOTH transition !!

Blessings~

Old 10-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
(female)

ddl1975 HB User
Re: fissurectomy and lateral internal sphyncterotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawleyz View Post
hello everyone:

Tomorrow i will be having my surgery in Charleston,SC... I feel that I have the best surgeon after months of research ( Dr Murphy)

I will keep everyone posted on my process.. I am not as concerned about the procedures but the recovery !!

Does anyone have a good diet for the recovery process ?? I am concerned about BM and want a SMOOTH transition !!

Blessings~
Good morning! I had my LIS last week and I recommend a high fiber diet (oatmeal, plum/prune juice and fiber supplement like citrucel) along with stool softeners. Don't forget LOTS OF WATER. It took a few days for my first BM but the fissure pain was GONE. It did feel very "tender" and sore in my anal area but I felt soooo much better. Also, if you don't need the painkillers then ease off of them. I was prescribed Lortab which can constipate you so make sure you do the other stuff. I was glad that I had the surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread