It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

swtsam HB User
bowel resection recovery

Hi everyone-
I have been reading these boards for many months and found them very helpful. I am 36 years old and have had over 2 dozen bouts of diverticulitus. I was hospitalized 2x and in the ER many other times. I finally conceded and to the docs and had the surgery. 3 weeks ago I had 50% of my colon (large intestine) removed. Surgery went well, no complications and the surgeon was able do the procedure laproscopicly and i was home from the hospital in 5 days. Still doing well, regular bowel movements 1-3/day, eating fine! My biggest question is: The bloating, my belly looks like I am 5 months pregnant! I don't have excessive gas (anymore) and I am not sure if it is the lack of muscle tone or what???? I do have a keyhole insicion (about 3inches around my belly button) so the fascia / muscles are stitched underneath. Has anyone else had this, and how long does it last? What did you do to help your belly return to it's pre-surgery appearance.

If anyone wants info/ details on the surgery, just ask, I found reading others experiences very helpful!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
(male)

geme HB Usergeme HB User
Re: bowel resection recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtsam View Post
Hi everyone-
I have been reading these boards for many months and found them very helpful. I am 36 years old and have had over 2 dozen bouts of diverticulitus. I was hospitalized 2x and in the ER many other times. I finally conceded and to the docs and had the surgery. 3 weeks ago I had 50% of my colon (large intestine) removed. Surgery went well, no complications and the surgeon was able do the procedure laproscopicly and i was home from the hospital in 5 days. Still doing well, regular bowel movements 1-3/day, eating fine! My biggest question is: The bloating, my belly looks like I am 5 months pregnant! I don't have excessive gas (anymore) and I am not sure if it is the lack of muscle tone or what???? I do have a keyhole insicion (about 3inches around my belly button) so the fascia / muscles are stitched underneath. Has anyone else had this, and how long does it last? What did you do to help your belly return to it's pre-surgery appearance.

If anyone wants info/ details on the surgery, just ask, I found reading others experiences very helpful!
I would be interested to hear how you are doing now. I had Colon Resection 11 days ago and I ended up with a temporary eliostomy. I should have that reversed in about 2-3 months.

In the meantime, I know exactly what you mean about your belly sticking out like you are pregnant, I am wondering the same thing, when will this thing go back down? I can't see my toes!!

I hope you are well and I look forward to your response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread