It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
(male)

Servat HB User
I Have A Bad Odor Even Though I Shower Daily

I NEED HELP. I would say that for the past 2 years I've had this condition. I appear to give off a bad odor even though I don't smell anything different about myself (it could be that I've gotten used to it). The only reason that I deduct that I smell is because everywhere I go whether it be school or any social gathering I notice that people show signs (covering their noises etc.)of there being a bad smell. At first I thought that it wasn't me or that it was just coincidence but after two years of this I'm tired of it. I mean, my humiliation, because that's the way I feel, has gotten to the point where I may even be depressed (I refrain from going out most of the time just because of this; plus I'm scared to alienate my friends because of this...which HAS been occurring gradually).

Other Possible Symptoms: I do get a lot of gas (since I'm Hispanic I would have though that it be because of my diet) but unfortunately this occurs with every type of food.

I have been to the doctor (for the gas problem as I thought there be a connection) once but I was just told to check my diet. Earlier I had told my mother about the smell thing but she said that she didn't smell anything either( I don't know if she was lying or not or whether she had just gotten used to it as well) but soon afterwards she took me to a counselor because she thought I was imagining things(if thats the case then I'm really not in my right state of mind as I'm still imagining things) and the counselor also told me she didn't smell anything which gave me hopes but ultimately nothing has changed.

I'll gladly accept any suggestions or if you have questions just send me a message....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: I Have A Bad Odor Even Though I Shower Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servat View Post
I NEED HELP. I would say that for the past 2 years I've had this condition. I appear to give off a bad odor even though I don't smell anything different about myself (it could be that I've gotten used to it). The only reason that I deduct that I smell is because everywhere I go whether it be school or any social gathering I notice that people show signs (covering their noises etc.)

Perhaps the counselor can give tactful ways to inquire from these people if they smell you. If they in fact do admit anything, sometimes a dentist can help if it is halitosis. I notice you put this on the bowel board and one fellow and one woman consistently smell like that around here. Perhaps it is because they infected their sinuses, mustaches or mouths with the bacteria from BM that cause this odor. If the people tell you no they don't smell anything perhaps there is a misinterpretation of body language and it is nothing to worry about.

of there being a bad smell. At first I thought that it wasn't me or that it was just coincidence but after two years of this I'm tired of it. I mean, my humiliation, because that's the way I feel, has gotten to the point where I may even be depressed (I refrain from going out most of the time just because of this; plus I'm scared to alienate my friends because of this...which HAS been occurring gradually).

Other Possible Symptoms: I do get a lot of gas (since I'm Hispanic I would have though that it be because of my diet) but unfortunately this occurs with every type of food.

I have been to the doctor (for the gas problem as I thought there be a connection) once but I was just told to check my diet. Earlier I had told my mother about the smell thing but she said that she didn't smell anything either( I don't know if she was lying or not or whether she had just gotten used to it as well) but soon afterwards she took me to a counselor because she thought I was imagining things(if thats the case then I'm really not in my right state of mind as I'm still imagining things) and the counselor also told me she didn't smell anything which gave me hopes but ultimately nothing has changed.

I'll gladly accept any suggestions or if you have questions just send me a message....

Closed Thread