It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

palmtree44 HB User
Not normal!

Hi, so I'm looking for any ideas as to what I have or don't have because I've pretty much run out of ideas of what to do.

It started 2 years ago when I got swine flu and the doctor thought it was a sinus infection and therefore prescribes me antibiotics. After taking these for a week I started getting really bad diarrhea up to 25 times a day, obviously lost a huge amount of weight and energy, this lasted for three months and i was told i had C. difficile and was given three bouts of flagyl to clear this up, it got better but i was still having bowel problems, diarrhea bad gas throwing up.

After a colonoscopy I was told it was IBS. So then I went treeplanting for the summer and it got really bad again and was told it was girardia which I happened to give to my boyfriend. We were both given Flagyl and tested. His came back positive, mine negative but I was still told to take the antibiotics.

It's not 2 months since I finished these and I've started to get the worst diarrhea I've ever had, almost clear yellow liquid, with weird balls that kind of look like tangled string about the size of a dime. They aren't ringworms as far as I can tell, they look more clumpy like and are definitely not living. On top of this I've been really run down with headaches and muscle aches. I'm play university sports and have seemed to be a lot more prone to injury since this has happened.

If anyone has any input I would more that appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User
Re: Not normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree44 View Post
Hi, so I'm looking for any ideas as to what I have or don't have because I've pretty much run out of ideas of what to do.

It started 2 years ago when I got swine flu and the doctor thought it was a sinus infection and therefore prescribes me antibiotics. After taking these for a week I started getting really bad diarrhea up to 25 times a day, obviously lost a huge amount of weight and energy, this lasted for three months and i was told i had C. difficile and was given three bouts of flagyl to clear this up, it got better but i was still having bowel problems, diarrhea bad gas throwing up.

After a colonoscopy I was told it was IBS. So then I went treeplanting for the summer and it got really bad again and was told it was girardia which I happened to give to my boyfriend. We were both given Flagyl and tested. His came back positive, mine negative but I was still told to take the antibiotics.

It's not 2 months since I finished these and I've started to get the worst diarrhea I've ever had, almost clear yellow liquid, with weird balls that kind of look like tangled string about the size of a dime. They aren't ringworms as far as I can tell, they look more clumpy like and are definitely not living. On top of this I've been really run down with headaches and muscle aches. I'm play university sports and have seemed to be a lot more prone to injury since this has happened.

(ringworms) is Dermatophytosis which is a fungal infection of the skin. You could have Intestinal parasites. look it up. string like anything coming out of you doesn't sound right, so get it checked out.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

daycareworker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree44 View Post

Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
(female)

daycareworker HB User

Hi,

I've struggled with C Dif problems since May 2009 when I was given Bactrim to cure a Blastocystis parasite infection. For a month afterward I had nothing but clear, yellow, watery diarrhea every day indicating that my bowel had been stripped of all bacteria - bad and good!

A course of Flagyl for a week helped but I found that the diarrhea returned so I began to experiment with high doses of probiotics. I found that between 200 and 400 billion units of a high quality probiotic daily, the diarrhea was reversed and controlled. It did take a long time of probiotic therapy combined with a healthy roughage diet and recently psyillium fibre, to bring about control. Under stress I still sometimes have relapses but the situation is getting better. I am now so paranoid of antibiotics that I refuse to take any and am using something called Total Immune Booster which contains Allisure, a garlic derivative to fight any infections that I may get and I'm very happy with it. Hope this helps.

Daycareworker

Closed Thread