It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

ohiofamily HB User
Diagnosis needed

My husband has been afflicted by some mystery illness on and off for well over 20 years. The last 13 months the illness has changed and is causes his digestive system to just STOP and they see an ilieus and he is hospitalized and NO ONE seems to have any answers for a diagnosis. The worst part is our older son (mid 20s) gets it too.
Here's the facts:
Gets it more often in the fall/winter than summer/spring
Starts out dull abdominal ache
At 3 hours later a strong abdominal pain
At 4 hours numbness and tingling in fingers and feet
At 5 hours sever abdominal pain
In a mild episode this lasts 3 days but does not require hospitalization.
In the 5 episodes in the last 13 months, the digestive system stops and he must be hospitalized. A few NG tubes down the nose to stomach, Iv's, sometimes an enema and it kicks starts back up again.
He's had every blood test, urine test, scopes up, scopes down, sitz markers, CT scans, xrays, stool samples, parasite tests known to man. Everything but the Xrays usually come up showing nothing. So frustrating! The GI docs are throwing their arms up, the family doc is too. We are desperate for answers. Have an appt with family doc again tomorrow to see what else is left. We have to figure this out for our son too.
Our son gets this about once a week. relatively the same symptoms only his is not concentrated in his abdomen but can be felt in his back too. The son's lasts 2-3 days as well. He's never had the ileus or stopage.
They have been to gastriointestinal docs, cardiologists, allergists, surgeons, family practitioners and NO ONE has answers and are all stumped.

We are desperate for answers or where to turn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread