It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

jacorien HB User
dark brown and black passing oval shaped particles

I suffer from crohns disease but it is in not active accept with flare ups. I been having loose stool for the last three months and my GI doctor thinks that Im making things up. Sometimes I pass these Tan oval shape pieces with my stool and I dont know what they are. I did a colon scan and he said he thougth he saw pylops and stomach lesions but he still second guessing that. what should I do, and what do you think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
(male)

MJB52 HB User
Re: dark brown and black passing oval shap particuls

Are you taking fish oil capsules or any other regular vitamin or supplement that comes in a capsule form? Sometimes the capsules themselves are incompletely digested and can look exactly as you describe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: dark brown and black passing oval shaped particles

dark brown and black stools means one of two things, one is that you have blood somewhere in your intestinal track

or it can mean that you are eating a lot of iron, such as red meat

not sure what you should do. i guess keep going to the GI or seek another opinion if he doesn't seem to worried

Closed Thread