It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
(female)

Denisestasiuk HB User
I am pooping right after I eat what I ate???

Ok , anybody have this happen to them. I know this to be true as i ate spinach tonight and not 15 min after I am pooping it out. Explosive watery green poop, some cramping. never ate anything green in the last long while. It happened before and I thought it couldn't be but this time I am positive it really happened. Does anyone have any idea what's happenning to me??? Denise

Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: I am pooping right after I eat what I ate???

It sounds like irritable bowel syndrome(IBS). Are you under a lot of stress? Sometimes a person develops this problem due to stress. Do you have alternating constipation? Is there any blood in your stool that you are aware of? Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

You aren't passing the spinach you just ate. Other things can cause green poop. The acids and enzymes in your digestive tract can change the color of food from one thing to another. Not all foods come through the same color. Blue foods often come through green. Infection can cause green poop.

Eating gets the digestive tract moving again and you often poop after eating. Liquids can come through quickly if your system is moving very quickly and not absorbing anything.

Eating something you are intensely allergic to can make your system move quickly too as the body tries to get it out of you ASAP.

Relax and take some Imodium or something to slow things down.

Jen

Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
(female)

Denisestasiuk HB User

hummm well yes I am under alot of stress lately and for the last 4 or 5 months... I don't see any blood now but have seen some in the past. so you think it's IBS , well is there any meds I should be taking?

thanks for the reply DeniseStasiuk

Old 01-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
(female)

Denisestasiuk HB User

it has happened before when I ate certain foods but I dismissed it, but this time it was too coincidental....I know it sounds impossible but it happened . I hardly eat at all to avoid pooping and because I have new dentures . I would just like to know how to control this

Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It's physically impossible for one to poo out something one just ate...the esophagus is NOT connected to the rectum. Food triggers peristalsis, and if there's stool in the lower part of the colon, it will cause the "********" of stool into the rectum.

The gut reacts interestingly to many psychological issues.....and it could be your new choppers has a hand in it.

What exactly is the reason you are trying to avoid pooing?

What exactly is the reason your teeth are a problem?

What exactly is the reason you don't want to eat?

q

Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

You could try the immodium but I hesitate to tell you that because you try to avoid having a bm as it is. Immodium can cause quite the constipation if you take too much. Follow the directions on the box and don't make a habit of taking the immodium. Take it long enough to get things under control and then stop taking it to see the problem has ended.

I am curious to know what your diet consists of. You know sometimes at a certain age people get preoccupied with their bowels. Try and relax and remember that nature and digestion must take its course. Sincerely, searchin

Old 07-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
(female)

stefania0582 HB User

I know that normally you do not pass what you just ate that quickly, HOWEVER; it does happen. This has happened to me over a period of about maybe 5 years or so. there are things that I eat that I haven't eaten in months. For example, I ate a salad one night, I had not had a salad in the past few weeks, maybe months. About 30 minutes after I ate, I had to go to the bathroom, and it's always diarrhea, and there were pieces of the lettuce I had just eaten, shredded by my teeth I suppose, still bright green like I just threw the lettuce in the toliet straight from the bowl. Also, I ate a pizza sandwich today, I have not had any pizza or pepperoni for over a week (I keep track of what I eat and when i eat it), 30 minutes later, had to run to the bathroom, same things as before with the diarrhea, and there were chewed up pieces of pepperoni floating in there, still the same color and condition as it was on the sandwich. This happens when i eat pears too. Most of the time it's salads but a couple times a few years ago, I was on Allegra for my allergies and I kid you not, about an hour after taking the pill, I passed it out into the toliet and it was in full form, like I just dropped the pill in the toiet, in fact the first time this happened, I thought maybe I did accidently drop one in there earlier in the day, but after about the 5th time, I switched to another allergy medicine. I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and it came back normal, but my gastroenterologist was arrogant and thought I was a hyperchondriac that tried to diagnose myself through the internet. So when all else fails, they say you have IBS. I've been dealing with this and other annoying symptoms since I was 14 years old (I am now 29). Physiology will tell you digestion can't happen that fast but I'm telling you, for whatever reason, in some of us, it IS happening and I just want to know why.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
(female)

ihurtdaily HB User

My Mom had this problem a few years ago and after much research I discovered she had a vaginal fistula. She kept telling me that stool was coming out when she would urinate but because it was accompanied with gas she thought it was coming from her rectum. She finally figured it out when she saw stool on her tissue after urinating when she had just gotten out of the shower.

A vaginal fistula lets urine or feces get into your vagina. Fistula's come in various forms but typically in women they are brought on by a lot of pushing during child birth. My Mom also complained of incontinence to the point she couldn't control it before making it to the bathroom. And, the seepage of gas that seemed to come from her vaginal area when she'd walk or go up stairs. Its my understanding that this condition can also be brought on by trauma, surgery such as a c-section or bladder tuck or some other underlying disease or condition.

I believe there is a dye test you can have done where they follow the trail after inserting it into the vaginal area to see if its permeating other organs or areas. I guess it can also cause infection due to the bacterial nature of what could remain trapped in certain areas. Now, I'm not sure if this could result in food you swallow coming out in the toilet within 30 minutes but I'd venture to say its quite possible considering you can drink a full glass of water and go pee that soon. And, if what I ate was leaking into my bladder or getting there because it was bypassing its normal route I'd say it would be possible for what you just ate to come out vaginally if you have a fistula to the point you'd think it was coming out of your rectum...complete with vaginal gas that would smell like rectal gas since old stool matter could be in the vagina from previous meals.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisestasiuk View Post
Ok , anybody have this happen to them. I know this to be true as i ate spinach tonight and not 15 min after I am pooping it out. Explosive watery green poop, some cramping. never ate anything green in the last long while. It happened before and I thought it couldn't be but this time I am positive it really happened. Does anyone have any idea what's happenning to me??? Denise
Look at what else you ate with your spinach. Did you have a lot of fatty foods with it or gassy,spicy foods ? Most people will have a bowel movement after a large meal . It's called the gastrocolic reflex.(peristalsis) It shouldn't cause cramping or diarrhea though. Maybe try introducing high fiber foods slowly over about a ten day period and drinking a lot of water.( like 64 oz. day) I have irritable bowel syndrome and have to watch what I eat very closely or I pay for it dearly in either explosive diarrhea, severe cramping and trapped gas pains, or severe constipation. I have had to go to a high fiber diet and drink water instead of soda,juice,or milk . Eating right has made my whole digestive system work the way it should.

Closed Thread