It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
(male)

ThatGuy1988 HB User
Hard Stool and Blood.

I have had a hard stool where it did hurt a bit with ""bright red blood"" in it only at the end of it and enough to be seen on toilet paper but NOT enough where the hole toilet is full of blood. Also it stops as soon as I'm done.

This has happened three times but with about three weeks of length of each time. The first time it was a week or so before thanksgiving and the the 2 right after the eating on thanksgiving and the third just now.

I'm 22 and yes a guy. I think this is something I can just take care of by eating more fruit and vegetables BUT I want thoughts from others. And no I don't eat out a lot.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
(male)

tygriff HB Usertygriff HB Usertygriff HB User
Re: Hard Stool and Blood.

Sounds like a fissure.
At this early stage, it should be easy to resolve. Change your diet to include lots of fibre and LOTS of water. Try Metamucil (or similar) 2x per day for a about a week. This will soften your BM and allow the fissure to heal. If after a couple of weeks, it still has not resolved, go see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
(male)

Pharmtel HB User

Do you have a history of piles? Bright red blood can be an indication of it being irritated by the hard stools being passed! As recommended previously, try eating more fibre to make it soft, can also look at a sugar-base suryp (lactulose) and you can apply a local anaesthetic cream or a cream containing Bismuth subgallate or Pramoxine Hydrochloride! If it don't clear up after 2 weeks, will probibly be best to consult your dr!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I agree with the fissure....fibre supplements, more fruit, water...will soften/bulk/fluff the stool and make it easier to pass.

Hydrocortisone cream over the counter will help as well as zinc oxide or something that the pharmacist suggsts.

q

Old 01-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
(male)

ThatGuy1988 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmtel View Post
Do you have a history of piles? Bright red blood can be an indication of it being irritated by the hard stools being passed! As recommended previously, try eating more fibre to make it soft, can also look at a sugar-base suryp (lactulose) and you can apply a local anaesthetic cream or a cream containing Bismuth subgallate or Pramoxine Hydrochloride! If it don't clear up after 2 weeks, will probibly be best to consult your dr!
No I have no history of this. This is the first time is happened for me within the past 2 months like I said.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
(male)

ThatGuy1988 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygriff View Post
Sounds like a fissure.
At this early stage, it should be easy to resolve. Change your diet to include lots of fibre and LOTS of water. Try Metamucil (or similar) 2x per day for a about a week. This will soften your BM and allow the fissure to heal. If after a couple of weeks, it still has not resolved, go see your doctor.
Thoughts what I figured for it only happened those three times and those three times it was a hard BM and any other time there is no blood.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 AM   #7
(male)

ThatGuy1988 HB User

Thank you for your help and info.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
(male)

wthompso HB Userwthompso HB User

IMHO, this is hemmoroids. Most likely one. My advice to you is to see a doctor and get it corrected. I had the same thing when I was around 26 (now 40). It started the same way with a little blood on the stool and paper. This does not correct itself and if let go, believe me, can eventually cause some problems. I'm not being alarmist but I wish I had posted my issue on a board like this to get some advice. With that being said, adding more fiber to your diet is always a good thing to do and will ultimately help...but hard stools are a result of not drinking enough water. You actually need both. The water, as gross as it sounds, softens the stool and lubricates the canal. This, in turn, alleviates straining while you pass stool which can cause hemmoroids. I was very, very stupid and let mine go for years only to wind up in surgery last week. Do yourself a favor and go to a doctor and get it checked out and taken care of early and add the water and fiber to the diet.

Closed Thread