It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

LevatorProblem HB User
Levator ani syndrome

I've been having this incredible discomfort in the rectal area periodically which involves tightness of the anal area and terrible pressure. Though I haven't been to a doctor about it, I've read about Levator Syndrome on the internet and have decided that this is what I am suffering from. Last night I had the problem again and it seemed quite severe. I found almost immediate relief by doing the following:

1) I lied "back down" on the bathroom floor positioning myself with towels under my back so that I wasn't too cold. I bent my legs and sort of pulled them up towards my chest as I lying on the floor.

2) I gently tried to defecate - pushing gently every few seconds. After a couple of minutes of doing this, I managed to relieve myself of sizable amount of crap which seemed to be some what firmer than normal. I had myself possitioned such that it went on the bathroom floor so that it could be readily cleaned up.

3) After I had pushed out all that would readily come out. I was feeling somewhat better. At that point, I just lifted my legs up and moved them like I was riding a bicycle on my back. In about three minutes, I was feeling absolutely no discomfort.

4) I cleaned up the mess and went to bed and went to sleep right away.

I don't know what of this acutally helped with the problem or if it was just a coincidence, but before I started this procedure, I was in a great deal of discomfort, and I can tell you that the next time this occurs, I will do this right away. I sure hope telling this somewhat embarassing stuff helps some one. It sure seemed to help me. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread