It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
(female)

Katybell HB User
My anal fistula plug experience

Hi, just wanted to tell my plug experience. I have a fistula that has turned out to be quite the challenge. I had surgery last Wednesday to have a plug inserted. Had the surgery and that night it started coming out. By the 3rd morning it had fallen out in the commode. I am now, looking at another surgery. My Surgeon wants to do the rubber band thing. I am not sure about that procedure. I do not want my muscles messed with at all. I definitely feel worse now than before the surgery. Having a bowel movement is sheer torment! I guess that is caused from having my anus stretched open during the surgery. I wish I had something positive to say but I don't. I think I have a long painful road ahead of me from what I have read about Fistulas and curing them. I wish the best for you though.

Last edited by Katybell; 11-01-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
(male)

merlin70 HB User
Re: Advice Re: Fistula Plug Post-Op Care - Gore BIO-A

My plug didn't fall out but in case it did my doctor gave me another option using the flap procedure. Here's a link that describes it in more detail http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12682551
You may want to ask your doctor if this might be an option for you. It's minimally invasive and the recovery time is much faster than a fistulotomy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread