It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

Marleyjol HB User
Extremely Bloated Hard Stomach For A Week Now..HELP PLEASE

I'm a 27 yr. old female and I'm 5'4 155 pounds. To be honest, I eat just as much good food as I eat junk. I'm just being completely honest here so you'll know what to expect. Since I was a child I've had issues with anxiety and constipation. I've never been on any medication for either. I rarely have a bowel movement every day. I usually skip a day and so on. Well, the day after my last period ended (which was a week ago today) I woke up in the middle of the night feeling horribly bloated. It started from between my ribs all the way down below my belly button. My stomach also felt very hard. Its been a week now and I still feel exactly the same. I don't feel gasy or feel like I need to burp either. I've been eating a health diet since this started which includes no meat or dairy. I've been eating fruit, oatmeal, greens such as kale, collards, and lettuce, lots of veggies (all steamed), and plenty of water. I also decided to take some metamucil to see if that helped. That didn't seem to make any difference. I then decided to try miralax because I thought maybe I'm just backed up with stool. I took miralax each night and only had 1 BM per day so 3 total (none of which helped my problem). I then thought that maybe I needed to try a prevacid and that didn't help at all. I tried apple cider vinegar and that didn't help. Last night I tried a herbal colon cleanse product and I did go to the bathroom this morning but I still feel just as bloated. My pants wont even fit and I feel miserable. I look pregnant at this point and all within a week!!! This came on so suddenly that it left me confused as to what the issue might be. I have no insurance but I know that I'm going to need to see someone if this keeps going on. Does anyone have an advice as to what else I could try or what this could be? I stay very stressed and have high anxiety. Having this issue is just making it worse. I haven't even left my house in a week. I have to sleep on my back and even with that position it feels like I've got a brick on my stomach. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User
Re: Extremely Bloated Hard Stomach For A Week Now..HELP PLEASE

I have no idea and I'm sorry that you are going through this. Since it has been going on for a week now, if I were you I'd go to a GI doctor.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User

I would have to agree with my fellow poster, go see a Dr. before you get sepsus which is an infection from leakage or even worse. Possibly you can take a laxitive and see what happens or Pepto bismal. Do you have any other medical problems or previous sugery's recent or current?

Old 01-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
(female)

Marleyjol HB User

I tried a laxative for 3 days and only had 1 BM per day after taking it. I used Philips liquid chalky stuff that you drink and then I also tried Miralax on another night. Both had to same relsults..one movement the next morning. However, since I've upped my fiber intake I've had 2 today with no relief following. I'm still just as bloated. I have no prior medical problems and do not take any medications. I've also never had any surgeries. I must say that it feels like it could possibly be moving down...the bloating I mean. At first it started from between the ribs and all the way down just above the pelvic area. Now it is below the ribs and above the pelvic area. In my mind it was caused from a build up of toxic bile from not going to the bathroom daily but I'm just not getting any relief at this point even after movements.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
(male)

Marlyjo, Glad to hear that you had a few bm's today but still is the problem of the bloating and why it did happen. In my experince there is always a cause and effect always going on in our body's as far as how we treat them but as i posted before if it doesnt clear up and gives you trouble after a few more days please seek out a Dr. to check things out. Wish you luck hun,keep us posted!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
(female)

Marleyjol HB User

Thanks so much for the responses. I will keep you posted and plan on seeing my doctor next week if it doesn't clear up over the weekend. I really don't look for it to. Thanks again

Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
(female)

recordsclerk HB User

When I have had feelings like that with so much bloating and no regular BM's I would drink a bottle of citrate magnesium and clean myself out. I had surgery 2 weeks ago for a rectocele repair, that was why I was unable to ever empty my colon.
I hope you get to feeling better.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
(female)

Marleyjol HB User

I went to my doctor today and she seems to think that I have IBS-C and that is causing my constipation issues and bloating. She gave me Amitiza 8MCG Capsules to take daily. This was 223 for 60 of these capsules. I cannot really afford that but we'll see what happens. Thanks for all the help

Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
(male)

Marleyjo, Im happy to hear that you saw your Dr. and that he gave you a med that will help take care of the problem.

Closed Thread