It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

girlnairb HB User
Question diverticulitis with bladder infection

I had diverticulitis in April right a week after I had a bladder infection, now I have another bladder infection and I believe my diverticulitis is coming back as well. Has anybody else had this experience. It always starts off with the bladder infection and then goes from there. Any information someone could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
(female)

flower122 HB User
Smile Re: diverticulitis with bladder infection

I found your post after posting a couple other places, this site is hard to pin down and some posts are so old.
I think there is a connection between diverticulitis and bladder symstoms, mine started with me thinking I had a bladder infection, hurting in my bladder, but after blood showing in my stool, I had a ct scan and there was the pockets in my intestines, also had a colonoscopy after 3 wks of antibotics. I haven't had any more bad symtoms since then, one time cramping and couple other minor episodes, I do watch what I eat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

girlnairb HB User
Re: diverticulitis with bladder infection

What did they find when they did your colonoscopy? I haven't had one even though I had the diverticulitis. I do have flares where it will hurt some, but I haven't had to take antibiotics again. Let me know how you're doing. I wonder if I should have a colonoscopy, just to see what's going on in there when it does flare up.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
(female)

flower122 HB User

When I had the colonoscopy they found 3 polyps, and probably 6 or 6 pockets, my polyps were benign, she wants me to have another one in 3 years, since I have colon cancer in my family. But it was interesting, she let me see the pics she took of the inside of my colon and it makes me aware of whats in there.....I am old, over 65, but last year was the first time I had any idea I had pockets.

One thing I was scared to have the colonoscopy, especially the prep before hand, but it turned out to be nothing for me.
I also take Questran (actually the generic, can't spell it) to absorb bile, after my gallbladder surgery, 20 years ago, I had diareaha really bad and that took care of it, but I have cut that back alot.
I do believe that the colon presses on the bladder and keeps it from emptying as well as it should...most days I try to eat 2 or 3 fruits, banana, apple and lately canned apricots, Just a couple halves...hope I helped you.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
(female)

girlnairb HB User

Thanks for the information, by the way you are not old! I'm 27 and my parents are close to your age so I don't consider that old. I need to go back to my gastroenterologist for an endoscopy, he wants me to have one of those every two years, I have GERD, and originally he thought I had Barrett's esophagus, but the biopsies came back that I didn't. When I go then I could ask him about the colonoscopy, I've had one before and the preps not fun, the procedure itself is not a problem. When I had my first colonoscopy I was about 12 and they gave me too much stuff to prep me and I was still having problems in that department the morning of the procedure, I'm older now and I know they've made improvements. My dad had one and they gave him tablets and he didn't have any problems. Let me know how things are going for you! Thanks again!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
(male)

CAray HB UserCAray HB User

Hi girlnairb,

I had bladder infections with my Diverticulitis and after months of meds and tests they found out I had a FISTULA that had went from my colon to my bladder due to an inflammation from my Diverticulitis .
I don't know if this is what you might have but it's worth looking into. If you go to the top of the page on Bowel Disorders and click on replies, then go down until you see 185 replies, you will see my thread on this. I am a guy so the symptoms may be different, but its what I found to have been causing my bladder infections and Diverticulitis at the same time. Hope this helps!

Ray

Last edited by CAray; 02-19-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: update info

Closed Thread