It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
(male)

Rytis HB User
Painful bump on anus

Hello. I have a red bump on my anus ( I guess this is a blood blister). This is probably caused by diarrhoea (which lasted around 5 days). I felt quite a hard pain after evacuating and cleaning my anus. When diarrhoea ended, the bump appeared. It has been increasing in size during the first 4-5 days. It's now the sixth day when I have that bump. I'd say it's now 5cm X 2cm X 1 cm in size. The pain is not constant but is excruciating at times. I've been using Procto-Glyvenol cream to reduce the pain but it only worked the first few times. [ P.S. I've been having a flu now (7th day) . It started just before the diarrhoea ended. It's going quite well since yesterday. But I don't think that these could be related.]
What are the ways to get rid of this problem?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Painful bump on anus

Sounds as though you have a gastro virus or bacteria ..I hope it's definitely the end of it for you.

So now you have the flu? Wow...is anyone else in your family sick too?

Are you very congested and coughing?

I would suggest you take some good probiotics to get your digestive flora back into balance.

Were you on any antibiotics before this happened?

What's on your anus is more than likely an external hemorrhoid. It would be good for you to also use a regular hydrocortisone cream that you can get over the counter...apply it a few times a day and it should resolve itself soon.

If your diarrhea continues, you would be best to contact your doctor and have stool samples checked.

I hope you feel better soon.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 02-10-2011 at 11:52 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
Rytis (02-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
(female)

sonray HB Usersonray HB Usersonray HB Usersonray HB User

What it sounds like to me is a thrombosed hemorrhoid, which is a blood clot in one of the veins. They are incredibly painful. When I had mine, it went away in about a two weeks. I was given hydrocortisone 2.5% to put on it. Most of the time, they dissolve on their own. I hope yours will do that and you will start to see an improvement real soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to sonray For This Useful Post:
Rytis (02-12-2011)
Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
(male)

Rytis HB User

I had a terrible night... The pain was so hard and constant. I got some medicine in the morning such as Hemorol, Cyclo3Fort, some antibiotic cream, probiotics and also Ibuprofen for reducing pain. An hour ago my hemorrhoid broke. The pain is almost gone! I still can't believe it. Is there a possibility that hemorrhoid could reappear again?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
(female)

sonray HB Usersonray HB Usersonray HB Usersonray HB User

Sorry you had such a bad night. I'm glad that your pain is a lot better! I hope that it won't come back.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Wow...it's good you're on the way to feeling better. Definitely add some fibre supplements to your daily intake as well as enough fluids to help prevent it from coming back.

q

Old 02-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi if this problem reappears I want to know, sometimes a mirror check once in awhile may be useful.

Closed Thread