It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
(male)

Stamous HB User
Smell like poop

Hello, I have been having serious problems for a long time with smelling like feces.
Let me start from the beginning. It started when I was masturbating and purely by urge I slipped a finger in the anus which happened once or twice within a week and never again. Instantly my anus felt loose and I got major stress over thinking I permanently destroyed myself. I knew it was injured cause I felt a small amount of chaffing from moving/walking alot. When I would go to wipe I would dig inside a lot simply because I could. My anus never really closed properly again. I find lots of poop sometimes when I wipe. I can keep wiping and keep finding poop.
Fast forward to today(few years later) and there has been no change. My anus never closes fully and small amounts of poop is free to "smear" out of my butt. I never have have any "accidents"(as in no pieces EVER come out by accident). I only ever find poop smelling sweat/grease. Its difficult to not smell like feces.
The only thing that has improved over the years has been my cleaning techniques. After a bowel movement I must wipe many times using wet wipes and yes, dig inside a little, then shower, then wipe away any moisture after the shower. I do all this to avoid smelling like poop as long as possible. Physical activity acts up the problem the most. Heavy physical activity like running is the worst, it makes my under wear smell like poop so strongly that someone in the same room can smell it right away.
Many people have told me I smell especially during physical activity.
My doctor has done a brief check and said there was good muscle tone and no problem. Was told that I should be able to continue on wiping normally and everything should be fine. Due to my own continuing concerns I was sent to a gastroenterologist. A brief check was done and the doctor said the same thing. He wanted to do a Colonoscopy but only for a slight chance of having mucous like discharge. I did not have it done because I think the problem is purely the way the anus is working.
Please help me, about my age lets just say I am college age and it is a time when I should be living it up with friends and I would likely have a girlfriend if it weren't for this problem. I have to retract myself from socializing due to this problem and have become depressed. I want to live again.
Any comments are appreciated
Thanks so much

Last edited by Stamous; 02-16-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

sonray HB Usersonray HB Usersonray HB Usersonray HB User
Re: Smell like poop

It sounds like to me that you might need to go to a colorectal surgeon, someone who specializes in that area. What you're describing doesn't sound normal to me. You are too young to have this problem. If you go to a particular doctor and they either don't understand your problem or don't take you seriously, go to someone else. You don't have to resolve yourself to live with this, when someone else who is more qualified could help you and understand what you're going through.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
(male)

jcraves HB User
Smile Re: Smell like poop

ok bro heres the deal. I deal with the same problem. but i believe your wrong, it started when u started masterbating? thats because you were probably just hitting puberty correct? well theres this thing you get from eating nastey food, drinking tons of cokes and consuming loads of sugar.

Its a dietary problem. fecal leaks into your blood stream because cannida attacks your colen walls and wont let your poors close. so when you sweat it comes out. the only way i know and have seen on research is to drop the sugar, try to consume little meat. eat right drink plenty plenty water! also garlic destroys cannida and thats what im taking right now i just need to stop slipping up! also take vitamin c pills for body tissue regrowth. hope this help! no need to dig all up in the anus! i used to think that too!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-03-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
(female)

siqkid HB User

Hi i have been suffering with smelling like poop for about ten years...maybe more. Drs keep telling me i am constipated and tell me take laxatives, align, and now lactulose. Scheduled for my third colonoscopy in five years. i have lost many jobs, friends, social life is almost zero except for my wonderful husband and two kids....it is soooo depressing thinkin that you will have to live the rest of your life listening to ppl say it smells like ****...and then look right at you...women esp can be really mean. have my good days on the weekends when i don't care who is around me..just stay home or hang out outside but the week is hell! co-workers are so mean...always walking around with my head down low...hate having to be around ppl in a closed office but i have to live and support family pay bills like everyone else....drs are no help to me. i feel bad for my family in social settings they shouldn't have to be embarrassed too.

Last edited by siqkid; 06-03-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
(male)

randomthought HB User

Hi I feel your pain when it comes to smelling bad. I've been dealing with the issue since I was 18. But I think my issue was because when I was a teenager I shaved my whole body which caused me to sweat more. Being the idiot that i was since i sweated more on my buttcrack, which caused me to smell like butt or crap. I put deodorant on my *** for a few days which didn't help. ever since I was a teenager I always washed my body literally 8 to 12 times each day and i use shower to shower, deodorant and cologne. I am not sure if it's the way i eat or what not but to this day i still get told i smell like butt or crap from time to time. Even though I have real good hygiene. But i've learned to deal with it i have a few friends and i have never gotten fired from a job due to my order issue. and trust me i've worked in corporate jobs and food service jobs. I just stopped caring about what people say when they do. Am also a bit of a homebody but that's not due to my order issue. Anyway i hope it helps.

Last edited by randomthought; 09-04-2011 at 12:45 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomthought For This Useful Post:
siqkid (09-04-2011)
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
(female)

Sephora mikku HB User

Hello just read ur comment well i wos wondering if u could help me im 12 femal and i get comments saying i stink of poop they call me sepoopa and all types of name of i shower everyday deodarent cream and hyginic person but stil stink my diet urrmmm well lots of meat sumtyme too much suger but i do lots of sports and LOTs of coke but diet coke always help maybe thankx

Closed Thread