It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
(female)

EMC1018 HB User
smelling bad, why?

I just don't know what to do. Can sombody please help me. I've been smelling bad for six years. Please because I'm insecure about it. It's hard to live my life like this, I want to be normal.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-26-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
(female)

amygoo HB User
Angry Re: i smell like really bad almost like poop

Hello, I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm having the same problem

The smell comes and goes, but it's more frequent when I'm at school or around people I don't know.

My parents think I'm insane because they've taken me to a Gastrointestinal doctor and that ******* (he was holding back laughter when I told him about the smell) said there's nothing wrong with me.

I've done a stool/urine test that turned out normal and my latest blood test showed that I have anemia.

I don't know what else to say, but my life as a straight A student is going to go down the drain as I'm missing classes and not focusing in the classroom because of the embarrassment and humiliation I feel.

I need help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
(male)

sreeg HB User
Re: i smell like really bad almost like poop

Hi Amygoo
Even i had a same problem, i went to doctor and spent some money, nothing
worked, i started to watch my diet and it worked and it is working.
The main thing you have to do is STOP DRINKING MILK AND ANY DAIRY PRODUCTS FOR A COUPLE WEEK AND REPLY ME BACK. This helped me and now i am not having any problem.
The dairy products contains LACTOSE which is not good for some people like you and me.
if you want to have a milk drink soy milk with Lactuse free.
GOOD LUCK

Old 01-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
(female)

charyea HB User

My daughter has been smelling lately. She is only 4 and I know it's not her bum. I will give her a bath and make sure she lets me help her wipe and I will smell somethigg, ask her if she passed gas and she says no. She will always tell me if she did. Then I will smell here and it doesn't come from the butt area. It comes from her abdomen. I heard a friend who had a similar problem and she had a bowel block that was making her sweat smell like poo. I would think that would be why it's a nervous thing, because you sweat when you get nervous. I would be suprised if it were really related to milk for someone, unless you were lactose intolerant and that were causing some backup. anyone else heard of the bowel block possiblility. She doesn't have very big bowel movements.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
(female)

EMC1018 HB User

imma try it. Hopefully it work!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
(male)

jakck HB User

wow i thought i was the only one, i too have this problem, im 27 and ive had this problem for ten years. my bowel movements are incomplete, i alwas feel like theres something there, ive tried fiber and enemas and laxatives, even after an enema i still smell.
Its really hard to have a social life, i dont have one, its also really hard to have a girlfriend, girls ive tried to date are disgusted with me. The hardest part is that NOBODY BELIEVES YOU, not even doctors. Everyone tries to say its in my head, its not in my head because many times people have told me i smell.
Sometimes ill have a really big bowel movement and ill think i got it all out, i take a shower and wash my butt with a washcloth and soap for ten minutes, then i walk into a room and everyone still smells poop, its horrible, its so depressing.
whats also really hard is this condition is so rare that no one knows about it, everyone just assumes that you crapped your pants or didnt wipe your butt,
if thats all i had to do i woulda done that ten years ago, i wouldnt have had such a horrible life this whole time.
I've havent tried not drinking milk ill try that, i hiope it works

Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
(male)

pump Fe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygoo View Post
My parents think I'm insane because they've taken me to a Gastrointestinal doctor and that ******* (he was holding back laughter when I told him about the smell) said there's nothing wrong with me.
No doctor should ever laugh at whatever condition whoever has. You need to stop seeing him, and probably look around the net for some female doctors that specialize in that in your area. This way you will feel more comfortable.

And you can add me to the long list of sufferers of this (so you are certainly not alone) I know what is causing mine and plan to get it treated this month. I encourage you to make trips to the doc or just spends hours googling your symptoms.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
(male)

Anthony5 HB User
Unhappy Re: i smell like really bad almost like poop

I too have a problem like this. I dont know if I do smell or if I dont. I think I do but im too scared to ask anyone. Its really embarrassing. Like the other day I was going to my basketball game and was nervous for some reason. I walked past a group people I know and as i was passing them one of the girls said something in spanish like smelly. I just freaked and went home out the back doors. I would really like to know because its f'ing my life up I dont like to be around people because I think I smell. Someone please reply back im new to this website soo?

Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
(male)

steve bo HB User

I have been suffering with this problem for over 20 years. I gave up smoking 15 years ago and found this really helped lessen the symptons. I was watching Embarrassing Bodies on channel 4 and they had a lady who had TRIMETHYLAMINE (Fish Odour Disorder) they also mentioned symptons of smelling of faeces/pooh. The condition seems to link with what other sufferers have said i.e. avoiding dairy and stress, also suggesting taking laxatives. For the condition of Trimethylamine you do have to avoid many foodstuffs that contain choline which is very difficult and restrictive, however sometimes the use of laxatives and some antibiotics under the doctor were proved to be very helpful.
At the moment I use CHARCOAL after meals which seems to help (also recommended on-line, together with copper chlorophyllin)
I shall be seeing my Doctor this week and asking for a urine test which can detect this disorder.
Hope this helps.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
(male)

pump Fe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglesbyrandy View Post
do to a doctor and tell him that you need LIBERAX 2.5 or hiigher this will stop 95% of ur problem help me
An anti-anxiety pill? Really?

Please stop giving bad advice. The pill won't do anything except make you happy and smelly at the same time.

To Anthony;

First, go to a proctologist or ano-rectal surgeon and identify what the cause of your odor is. It could be as simple as excess gas, or it could be as complicated as hemorrhoids (my case). In the latter case, there isn't much you can do about it. My doctor told me odor is not enough reason to undergo the risks and pain of surgery, and that surgery may make things worse.
Temporary solutions include wearing loose-fitting shorts under you jeans to help mask the smell, and avoid sitting for long periods. Only use the bathroom if you have proper cleaning wipes available. Look into cologne and charcoal as the other guy mentioned.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #11
(male)

SMALLPOXs HB User

i had this problem about 6 years ago. same comments and faces and i even got into a few fights. i had it for about a year and half.
what worked for me working out(lifting wieghts) and exercising. i didnt change my diet, i'm mexican i eat alot of beans, rice, and meat in my diet. i thought it was the meth and cocanine i was using, but i guess not.
i know what your feeling it feels like carp, remember stay strong and dont ever let anybody bring you down, and hold your ground because if they see that they can talk crap about you it will bring you down, not them........

well that is what i did try it

Old 04-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
(female)

cow17101017 HB User

hey, I receantly turned fifteen and I totally feel you. Everything that you went through, I did too. I started smelling funky right after my 15th b-day, and after that, going to school was a living nightmare for me. Before I was a straight A student with tons of friends, but it quickly all went down hill when I started smelling weird. After months of humiliation and turmoil I convinced my parents to homeschool me, but I was still depressed and didn't like to go out in public. I went to the doc, but he said i was fine and that it was all in my head, I KNOW IT WASN'T. So I decided that I would marry some guy with amnosia and would burry myself from the world until I died. That's how I felt then, BUT I HAVE DISCOVERED THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!! I think I'm allergic to dairy products. I think milk and milk products have been causing this bad odor!!!!!! I think this because I stopped drinking milk for a time, and my smelly problem went away. But recently I went to six flags and I ate ice cream and immediatly noticed my funky smell had returned from the depths of which i had sent it to!!!!!!! SO yeah, stop drinking milk. period.

p.s. sorry my story kinda dragged on. Hope this helps!

Old 04-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
(female)

cow17101017 HB User

I've gone through what you have. I was pretty sure i did smell, because in school people always talked about me and avoided me, but on the other hand my family never smelled me. So one day I asked my close aunt, and she said that she had never smelled me. But I think the smell comes only when i'm nervous and around people im not comfortable with. So it makes sense that my family doesn't smell anything because I'm so totally comfortable with them. Anyways I solved my problem by not drinking milk or milk products, wich include cheese, ice cream, butter, and youghurt. It's a sacrifice, but it cures my problem for me.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #14
(male)

LondonBoy HB User

Hey all, I'm 23 and I've been having a similar problem since I was in school. I've been so lucky in meeting amazing people my whole life so nobody's ever said anything to my face and I've gone through times when I've thought it was all in my head. I shower two or three times a day, using soap and shower gel and I've tried so many combinations of antiperspirants, deodorants and colognes but even half an hour after washing like this I get the same signs when I sit next to someone: constantly brushing their nose, tapping their feet rapidly, trying to subtly breathe through their mouth. School and uni were depressing and humiliating for me, I had to skip lessons and lectures or find ways not to sit next to anyone and while I used to be a nice, friendly guy, nowadays I'm about as antisocial as you can get. I'm far too embarrassed to discuss this with anyone but after reading this thread I just wanted to say that it's been helpful to lay it all out here and I'm going to book an appointment and give the doctors a try. I really, really hope you all find your solutions soon.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
(male)

GulfCoastGuy HB User

Have any of you ruled out the fact that it could be coming from your sinuses? Sometimes people that have post nasal drip will have an odor that comes from the back of their throat, it's bacteria and it can smell like feces. It's possible to have this condition and not even know it, I never did. Try getting a netti pot and clean your sinuses everyday, see if people still make comments about the odor.

Just a thought.

Closed Thread